Peewee, I'm off to the Apple Festival, you know where!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Cheryl, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Taking my boyfriend, little Korbin and his Mom. WOOO WHHEEEEEEEEE, good food, good music, good times. We need some, today. May go to the Cherokee PowWow tomorrow in Big Stone Gap, VA.....

Hope all are having a great weekend!

Take care.

I have lots of pics to post in the near future.

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Sounds like a great time, can't wait to see the pics.

3. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Hope you have a great Time:big_smile:

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Sounds like fun. Now don't go to drinking to much of that sweet apple cider,or the hard apple cider for that matter. You know what that can do to a person:roll_eyes: . Hope you have fun.Will be waiting for all those pictures.

5. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Well I found something at the apple festival, this year, I had never seen. It was Whoopie Pie. Didn't look much like a pie, more of a cake type snack. It was an Amish recipe, hence the name, too, I would imagine. Anyway, it has a heavy merinque (?) in the center. By the time I got to enjoy it with my Ameratto, it was liquid merinque....LOL. Good still with the drink. Not too hard, there, MRR.

Anyway, where is Peewee? Hope he is ok. Heck maybe he was there, too.

Every year there are a few houses that stick apples on the wrought iron fences in front of their house for the festival. One even has a basket full of apples for the passerby to have one from. I got a few shots while driving of those, most aren't good, but there is one with a school bus in it, that turned out ok.

Korbin and his Mom had a blast. We just never found that balloon he wanted. They must have given them all out. His Mom wanted to get him one of those cork guns but, he is still a tad small for those. He loves the music part of the festival. The gospel singers were doing a hands routine with one of their songs and he started waving his hands too.

Overall it was a cool day, with an overcast sky, very few raindrops and a lot of smilin' faces just enjoying one of the Sat. of life. Tomorrow there is a Cherokee Powwow near here. If I weren't so tired from walking 5 hours today, I would attempt that one, but it's doubtful. LOL.

Take care.
    Cheryl

6. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Cheryl, that looks and sounds like a neat place to go, glad you enjoyed... and thanks for sharing the nice pictures.

7. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Well I didn't finish the pics last night, so here are some more.

8. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    More pics of the apple fest

9. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Anyone ever hear of the race The Pinks? Well this local man bet this car and won the other mans' car in the race recently. There was a large write up about it in the paper. How this car has sentimental value to him and his wife. They had their first date in it and worked on it together for I think about 20 years, so there was a lot of tension when he bet the car to win. He was there with the car that won the race.

10. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    I purchased some pieces of stained glass from the festival. One particular piece was a fairy for my window. I asked a man there if he did it, and he turned and said, no my wife does these. About that time she came over and when I showed her the piece I wanted she started laughing and told him, I won the bet. I said what bet. She said he told her, she'd never sale that particular piece and they had a bet. She said to him, by the way, what was it I would win? I spoke up and said, a jacuzzi weekend and a massage from him. She said, wow, yeah that's what I won. He said, OK. I told her, for that I deserved at least 5 dollars off and she gave it to me. LOL. I will take a pic sometime and show y'all the piece but here is a pic of her and him. Look at that smile on her face. LOL.

11. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I bet Erwin ain;t had a crowd that size since they hung the Elephant for killing the man.Yes I said "Hung the Elephant".People said that was quite a show.They used the Rail Road Wreck Train Steam Crane as that was all they had that would pick it up.They do seem to have a history of mobs,er,I mean crowds.Better watch my mouth.I might be the next one hung or burnt at the stake there.A elderly gentleman told me that they burnt just about every Cross tie that the Railroad had in the Erwin yard at the ah,"Stake burning"Seems that most people thought the man was innocent.From the looks of things,the Apple Festival is really growing.I found a cap there that said "My God is Awesome" on the front".That was my all time favorite hat of my life.I wore it slap out and have never been able to find another.Now that was a hat with a message.I have been mostly just looking as I have been and seem to be having a lot of "Bad Times"as I call them.Just ups and downs with pain and I lose of control of my body in many weird ways.Some times I quit breathing.Other times I choke a lot when I have no feeling in my throat.Just plain weird and inconvenient.I think it is just trying to scare me.If I didn;t have someone to take care of it,it would.I really enjoyed the trip to the festival with you.I think that my traveling days are about over.It is very painful and very hard for everyone just to take me to the doctor for my regular visits.I hope you had a wonderful time.I did.peewee-williams

12. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Now Girl that is what I call a good day.:smile2:

13. Memphis_Catfish_King

Memphis_Catfish_King New Member

State:
    Memphis,TN
    ty for pics looks like u had fun

14. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

Peewee,
    They HAD to hang the elephant. They had already shot it several times and it was suffering by then, so the hanging was probably a relief to the poor thing. It is buried somewhere in the train yard.

The town is now being over run with Mexicans. They have had their own little section of town for a few years now. I wonder if they are legal or not, but surely with the sheriff they have there, they have been checked out. I don't know. There were some they caught with drugs and they were illegals, so they were being deported, not long ago.

There are always some unusual things to be purchased at the Apple festival. Sounds like a great hat. I've seen bumper stickers that say that on them.

Sorry to hear of your bad times. God will take care of you, you must be one of his favorite earth Angels.

I have a few more pics but the ones posted are the best ones. I took a lot of the mountains on the drive there.

I called in our lunch on the way there at my favorite restaurant and was very disappointed to learn they no longer serve steaks. They have went purely blue plate special of the day or sandwiches. Seems they couldn't keep help, so they decided to change the plans at the restaurant. One of the owners said they would probably never do steaks again. :sad2: Guess I'll have to settle for the sweet prime rib on the Nolichuckey instead.

Take care, Peewee and I'll see what other pics I can pull up from my files of the area. They may not be of the Apple festival but still of the area.

Cheryl

15. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Thanks again for sharing the trip.I really enjoyed it.My sister in law works up at the Buffalo Mountain Country Club motel,hotel whatever in Unicoi.I bet they have been busy.They have some pretty big mountains in Mexico.Some of those Mexicans might feel right at home.They should have some pretty good Mexican food around there by now.Thanks again.peewee-williams

16. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Peewee,

Here are a few more pics of the area there. Notice how Walmart ruined the scenery in the last pic.

17. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    And more pics for you.

18. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Did you ever fish at this place, Peewee?

19. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    I caught some fishermen putting in their boat there. Perhaps these will make the calendar this year.

20. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Did you ever visit this spot?

Last but not least a beautiful snap dragon bed at church near dusk.