Peep sight question.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by Chrisingeorgia, Jan 1, 2006.

1. Chrisingeorgia

Chrisingeorgia New Member

State:
    NY
    Today I was shooting with my new self-aligning peep and the tube popped off at full draw. I thought these things were supposed to eliminate peep alignment problems not cause them. :mad: Anyways, I put a drop of super glue on the peep and slipped the tube back on. It Did fine for about 10 ten shots, and then SNAP! same thing all over again. At this point I'm wishing I had stuck with my old tru peep. Having the tube pop off or break in a hunting situation would be a disaster. I also noticed that olympic shooters as well as most pro hunters on tv aren't using self aligning peeps, why is this? Are there other disadvantages I don't know about? String twist perhaps?

2. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    May try getting a piece of tubing just a bit longer.

3. Chrisingeorgia

Chrisingeorgia New Member

State:
    NY
    I would give that a shot if I knew where to purchase the tubing separately. This was the length of tubing that came in the package with the peep. I didn't cut it down or anything.

4. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    Id say the quickest way then to fix it would be to take your bow to a archery dealer/pro shop and have them take a gander at it,more times then not they wont even charge for somthing as simple as adjusting peeps or fixing minor problems,may charge ya for the price of the tubing which would maybe be a buck.

5. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    You can pick up a piece at your local walliworld or bps, since your buying a new one get the silicone rubber. It last a whole lot longer. It sounds like it was just cut a bit to short.

Danny

6. bandit06

bandit06 New Member

State:
    TEXAS, Lake Fork
    Bowhunting elk is my passion. I would have to stick with the old reliable peep. It always seems to work fine if your bow is tuned up. I killed a 4x5 this year at 55 yards. I feel the tube might cut down on my light in low light situations.