PeeDee river at Johnsonville

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by fishwillie1, Mar 30, 2008.

1. fishwillie1

fishwillie1 New Member

State:
    Pamplico S.C.
    We fished saturday it was kind of cool on the water. The water temp was about 60 degrees. We had a bunch of bites but no real hits.They acted like rhey were not feeding just nibbling on it. We were useing cut shad and cut mullet.Hopefully next weekend will be better.

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I was on the upper end above Society Hill, and most of the people I spoke with were having about the same luck. First time I've been on that stretch of river; found a nice midstream gravel shoal a few miles up. It got real shallow, real quick... :embarassed:

3. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Like old saying goes a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    LOL. I hear ya Tommy. Those rock shoals, or gravel bars as we call them are numerous between 34 landing and Cheraw. You really have to be careful or you can destroy a lower unit on a motor. We've had some pretty good rain this winter and the river has been up pretty good, but now it is easing back down again, hence the shoals are coming into play up and down the river.
    Bill in Bennettsville