pee dee

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by bigcatwannabe, Feb 12, 2008.

1. bigcatwannabe

bigcatwannabe New Member

State:
    rowland, nc
    anyone else fish the pee dee from blewett falls on down to bennetsville area????

2. Littlejack

Littlejack New Member

State:
    nc
    I have fished down there a couple times with mixed results.Went down about half a mile past that tressal bridge.Caught a few small blues.they cut the water off and I had a beast of a time getting back to that landing off of 74.have you done any good down there?

3. bigcatwannabe

bigcatwannabe New Member

State:
    rowland, nc
    yes, in do really well down there at the bridge, but i dont cross the rocks, i fish before the rocks, its sort of a hit miss situation tho, i catch nice fish about half the time, i was just wondering about the stretch around bennetsville

4. Littlejack

Littlejack New Member

State:
    nc
    you must fish that big hole right below the highway bridge. It seems to be deep in there. as far as the stretch down near bennetsville I have heard its ok down there but that it gets a lot of pressure because there are a couple of good landings to access the river.

5. bigcatwannabe

bigcatwannabe New Member

State:
    rowland, nc
    well ill be honest with you, i live halfway between the pee dee and the cape fear, id rather fish the pee dee, the cape is really crowded and the shocking turns me off , but o well, thanks for the help

6. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    The pee dee has some great fishing up that way. I have fished it from blewett falls to georgetown and it usually allways has great fishin. The area around society hill is really good I like it alot.