Pee Dee yesterday

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by weasel, Jul 23, 2006.

1. weasel

weasel New Member

State:
    NC
    Had a great morning yesterday. Caught 2 flatheads and 23 blues. They were between 5 and 15 lbs. Lost a couple of really big ones. Caught all but 2 on bopper stoppers. Sorry but you won't catch these again, had to restock the freezer.

2. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    What are bopper stoppers?

3. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    What r BOPPER STOPPER and When is the FISH FRY GONNA BE?:big_smile: :roll_eyes:

4. NCCatter

NCCatter Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Bobber stoppers are little knots that tie onto your line that "stop" a sliding bobber at a preset distance. For example if you wanted to fish a 30 foot hole 10' deep, you would place the stop knot(bobber stopper) 10' from the hook on the line. The knot is so small it will reel up in your reel and won't affect casting or anything. For better casting distance more weight is needed, but not so much it causes the bobber to sink. Hope this helps.

5. weasel

weasel New Member

State:
    NC
    oops, meant bobber stopper. NCCatter explained it well.

6. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hey weasel can we get your bait of choice? live or cut? congrates on the catch. i plan on hitting badin or falls dam later in the week.

7. weasel

weasel New Member

State:
    NC
    No problem Michael. Cut bream, mostly they were biting the heads. I had 30 and used them all. I was catching them in 3 to 5 feet of water along the edges of deep holes near the bank. Hope that helps.

8. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    thanks weasel. is shad hard to get on the pee dee? i havent never fished it before but i been thing about a jet drive boat lately to fish some of the harder places to get to and get away from the pleasure boats and jet skis in the summer months and week end things.

9. NCCatter

NCCatter Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Michael,
    As far as catching shad on the river, I have only done it once. That was when they were schooling and were easily visible and we caught alot. Usually at Blewett Falls they are really easy to catch in coves and sometimes on the main body as well. I don't know how far down you are talking about going but if you go below Tillery you should catch bait pretty easily. Hope this helps.

10. weasel

weasel New Member

State:
    NC
    I've never tried catching em in the river but you can always see a lot of them working in the shallow water. You can definately get away from the crowds and the jet drive would definately come in handy.