Pee Dee River

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by captmarty, Jan 13, 2009.

1. captmarty

captmarty New Member

State:
    south carolina
    HAS ANYBODY BEEN FISHIN ON THE PEE DEE RIVER BETWEEN ALLSION'S LANDING AND DEWITTS BLUFF THIS WEEK? THOUGHT ABOUT MAYBE HITTING THE WATER THIS WEEKEND AND WAS WONDERING HOW THE BITE WAS AND WHAT BAIT IS ON RIGHT NOW! HAVE NOT FISHED ANY SINCE LAST YEAR WHEN DEER SEASN STARTED! JUST TRYING TO GET BACK TO SPEED NOW ON WHATS HAPPENING ON THE WATER! THANKS FOR ANY HELP!! :tounge_out:

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I haven't heard any reports, Marty. Maybe Rivercatsc or BillinSC will chime in with something. I think the GPD is pretty high right now, and most of the big blue catfish may have migrated downriver to intercept the shad and herring as the come into fresh water.

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    The river is still up, Marty, but has been receding for about four days and is certainly fishable. I imagine you could catch something down that way, but if you are going that far, why not follow us to Winyah and fish down there? Cut bait or eels would be the bait of choice in either area.
    Bill in SC

4. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    The river is pretty high still above flood stage in that area. I had a buddy that fished in that area last week and caught 1 blue about 9lbs on cut eel. I would take Bills advise it isnt but about 30 minutes further than Allisson Landing and amuch better chance of catching a BIG fish. :wink:

5. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Marty I just checked and the river is still about 1' above flood stage so if yo go be very careful.

6. captmarty

captmarty New Member

State:
    south carolina
    THANKS,JAMES,BILL, & BLACKWATERKATZ! WHEN ARE YOU GOING BACK DOWN TO WINYAH AGAIN BILL??I THINK CATFISHMICK IS COMING HOME THIS WEEKEND! I AM READY TO GET ON THE WATER! I MIGHT TRY AND PUT IN AT SOCIETY HILL THIS WEEKEND MAYBE!!

P.S IS THERE ANY SECRETS THAT WILL HELP ME IN LEARNING HOW TO CASTNET???:confused2:

7. scwolf

scwolf Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Not sure about that far down, but I have been crossing PeeDee at 301 everyday this week and there is a lot of trash coming out of the freshly logged area off of 301. Just watch out if you go!

8. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Well, Marty, since this post was started, the bottom dropped out of the river. It is actually starting to get low enough to expose the rock/sand bars. If you go, give us a report. Supposed to be frigid cold Saturday morning, so wrap up good! BTW: With the river having been up for as long as it was, and then receding as fast as it did, there will be LOTS of mud on the ramp. Take your rubber boots! (Or follow us down to Winyah!)

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwisweb/data/img/USGS.02130561.01.00065.2009.20090108.20090115.0.0..gif

BB in SC

9. captmarty

captmarty New Member

State:
    south carolina
    thanks for the info scwolf! appreciate it! yea i know it will probably be very muddy! i think i am gonna try and tough out the cold and see what kind of bite i get! gotta go and catch some bait and then i will be ready to go! If it is not to cold and i go i will give you a report! be safe down on your end when you go also! :wink:

10. scwolf

scwolf Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I had to go to Rockingham this afternoon and Bill is right...the bottom definately fell out...you can see the rocks above the Cheraw bridge

11. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Where do you live, Robbie?

Bill in SC

12. captmarty

captmarty New Member

State:
    south carolina
    CATFISHMICK IS COMING DOWN BILL SO WE ARE GONNA SEE WHAT WE CAN DO! ARE YOU GONNA DO ANY FISHING MONDAY OR TUESDAY? I THINK THAT I AM GONNA TAKE VACTION MON & TUE! MAY BE WE CAN GET TOGETHER AND WET SOME HOOKS OR SOMETHING! WELL I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED ON THE OUTCOME!

13. scwolf

scwolf Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Bill, I live in Florence. Had to go to Rockingham to meet my supervisor so I go through Cheraw.

14. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Bill he is from my neck of the woods. We need to get him to come on out and check the Pee Dee Catmasters out.:wink: Robbie we are having our 1st metting for 2009 at the Shoneys hwy 52 & I95 Jan 26th at 6:30 if you can make it.

15. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    < Bill he is from my neck of the woods. We need to get him to come on out and check the Pee Dee Catmasters out.:wink:.

ABSOLUTELY!

BB

16. scwolf

scwolf Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I will definately plan on coming out to that meeting, been wanting to come to one of the meetings, but a lot of times I'm working out of town. I will be working around the area for the next couple of months, so should be able to make it!

17. Robbie Norton

Robbie Norton New Member

State:
    Florence S.C
    Bill i live in florence S.C. And thanks again.:smile2:

18. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Robbie I live in Florence Also.

19. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    I went to college in Florence does that count?:roll_eyes:

20. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    I use to know some ladys of the knight that hungout at that school but some yankees married them an took them north dose that count the roundhill