Pee Dee River Time

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by rivercatsc, Mar 29, 2007.

1. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    It is about time the river has finally fallen and the water temps are climbing and I cant wait to hit the river tommorow. I have a live well full of bream, shiners, and eels just waiting to be leaded down in the river. I hope to have a good report tommorow afternoon.

2. scwolf

scwolf New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    What areas of the Pee Dee do you fish the most? I use to fish out of Dewitts Bluff when I had my 15ft bass boat. Have not been in the river in years, but was thinking of taking the pontoon down there sometime and trying to cats. I use to catch a few, but had never really wore them out, not sure I know the right patterns to try.

I was talking to our surveyor today for work, and he was telling me that his dad is wearing the cats out right now on the Lumber river on set lines.

3. JACKSON

JACKSON New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Good luck. You have all the cats favorite baits.

4. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    What area are you planning to fish, James? I was thinking of going to the PD tomorrow, too, maybe down where you and I went before, but I won't get there until later in the morning, probably.

5. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    Good luck my friend...spring is finally coming to Ohio...getting both the boats ready, white bass are begining their run.

6. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Well we had a decent day with 7 blues anywhere from 15lbs-5lbs. My 5 year old nephew got to reel all of them in and he had a ball. The flatheads were not feeding we did get a few bites from flatties but they never would commit to the bait. Tommy we fished around dunhams bluff area. Never really had a pattern to the fish just would catch one here and one there. Most caught on live eels and cut bream(heads only). It was sure nice to be back on the river again. Robbie I fish from Kingsburg-Georgetown and very rarely do I fish Dewiits bluff even though I only live 10min away. There is still good fishing there but there is just a ridiculus amount of trot lines and limb lines that have wiped out the larger fish from that area. I hope by next friday they will be biting better. The bite was really lite kinda like when the water temp droped into the 40s. I wasnt in my boat so we didnt have a fishfinder or temp guage so I was fishing blind today but we had a good time.

7. CaTmAnDo55

CaTmAnDo55 New Member

State:
    florence, SC
    thanks for the report i am gonna be busy for the next couple weeks but hopefully be back on the river soon and when i do i hope them flatties start hitting when i go. there is nothing better than getting up in the morning putting the boat in the river before daylight riding to our first slough to catch our bait and then watching that sunrise with a cup of coffee in your hand and smelling that daybreak fresh air when the dew starts evaporating off the trees and waiting downriver on that first rod to go off telling old stories with your best friend. now thats what i call relaxing

8. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Thanks, James. I decided to go to a place on Black River instead, but the water was high, and I only caught a few small ones. Not familiar with that stretch of river, either.
    I've got to go up to Dunham probably one day this coming week, but will be working, not fishing. At least I'll get to see what the river looks like up there. :smile2:

9. catman lo

catman lo New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Where abouts are Dewitts Bluff and Dunhans bluff? I can't find them on the topo map. thanks

10. scwolf

scwolf New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Dewitts Bluff is off of "Old River Road" I think the state number is sc-57. Out past Delta Mills plant, has a road sign that says Bluff Rd. Dunhams Bluff is off of Hwy 378, I know it's across from the Park & Blow convenient store. Someone else might could give you specifics on Dunhams, I've never fished out of there.

11. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Robbie hit the nail on the head. The pee dee river is very similar to the cape fear river there in NC.