pee dee river report 6/27/09

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by ncriverrat, Jun 28, 2009.

1. ncriverrat

ncriverrat New Member

State:
    Trinity, NC
    fltheads hitting pretty good again caught 15 in the 5 to 12lb range, and 40,27,10lb blues all caught on live and cut bream. just before sunset and around 4:00 am was when they were biting the best. water dropped three ft. while down river so we had to wade and pull four hours to get back to truck.but well worth it,seen several big blues wading back up river in two ft. of water i think their hitting the mussels pretty hard and blue fishing can get pretty tough when their feeding on them, but atleast the flatheads are on again.

Attached Files:

2. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Now that's a good night of fishing there! I've seen some pictures of that river and it looks really cool. Its obviously got some really nice fish in it:wink:

3. catfishhunter2009

catfishhunter2009 New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Nice fish , man that sounds like a heck of a trip , congrats . :wink::big_smile:

4. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Met Sam Burgin a couple of weeks back, while gold prospecting. Said he guides on the PeeDee. You know him?

5. ncriverrat

ncriverrat New Member

State:
    Trinity, NC
    no i sure dont, but maybe bump in to him someday. do you know what strech he guides on?

6. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Not sure, but when I find out, I'll let you know. He's a big guy, sort of old, and don't walk too good.

7. coeboy1

coeboy1 New Member

State:
    nc
    if you dont mind where did you fish on the pee dee. in rockingham??which boat ramp did you use the 74 or the one up by the wheels?

8. Hunter1978

Hunter1978 Active Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Name:
    Jamie
    I was just wondering how your fishing it. You fishing it by boat or off the bank. Never been there just wanted to fish it. Only seen it from Hwy 74 and the waters either up or down seems like. Looks like it would eat our deep V and didnt want to risk it. Sure ther are parts of it that always would have good water just dont know nothing about it. Could you help me out with some info on it. I love to hear that clicker run from a big flat.

9. ncriverrat

ncriverrat New Member

State:
    Trinity, NC
    i put in at 74. its a extremly shallow river when its up or down but u dont have to go down very far to find some great fishing. and yeah it will kill a boat real quick!!! we take on water every time lol!! the river is like steps last trip took 4 hours to get back up river.live and cut bream heads the bait of choice for me.

10. coeboy1

coeboy1 New Member

State:
    nc
    we put in on the top side thursday night had a couple of bites but nothing in the boat. going to try down off 74 next weekend thanks.

11. ncriverrat

ncriverrat New Member

State:
    Trinity, NC
    no problem man,i would go down to the rocks start getting thick and if the water is down you will see some kinda in the middle, or maybe to the left a little, and cast towards the right into the current, its not really a good flathead hole but good for blues and channels, its not bad going down there but still take it slow and watch for rocks stay toward the middle. good luck