Pee Dee river in North Carolina adventures on a Jet Ski!

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by PEE DEE RIVER RAT, May 2, 2006.

1. PEE DEE RIVER RAT

PEE DEE RIVER RAT New Member

any you guys that have your boats equiped with jet drives this is where you need to be fishing.. you guys can get to places others cant .. you can capitalize on the big fish !!!

good luck fishing

2. NCCatter

NCCatter Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Where exactly are you capitalizing at on the Pee Dee? I fish above Blewett Falls in Rockingham. Where is the good fishing at on this river right now?

3. PEE DEE RIVER RAT

hey daniel ..

there is some good fishing up river .. in the rock schoals and above the schoals like going to little river.. but be advised if you are not fimilar with the rocks up ther it can be fatal.. i was fishing up river friday afternoon and some young guys were coming up river with one of those go devil engines that the shaft extends down into the water with a prop on it anyway i really dont beleive they knew the river i thought they had sunk the boat herd the badest racket the prop hit acouple times first and then the boat was stuck on a rock.. just goes to show you dont matter what kind of outfit you have you stll need to know the river and learn how to read the current.. anyway it is best when they are pulling water though the hydro. the first bigh island that you see from the anson boat landing the channell runs in close to that island .. use your depth finder and locate the fish and set up on them or drift fish had a lot of luck there.
    good luck fishing alan in rockingham

4. gatorbait

gatorbait New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Done some fishing on the PD down closer to Winyah Bay. Limited success, but still trying to get use to the massive effect the tides have on that area of the river. We're talking a 5-6 drop and rise twice a day.

5. NCCatter

NCCatter Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Went Saturday night below the dam and spent about 2 hours out there. Only caught one cat though, but he was my first flathead on R/R this year! About 5 or 6 pounds, was caught on cut shad. I have never caught any fish around that island. Maybe I just don't know where to go yet. I always catch alot of fish around Little River. Caught some nice blues around there and a couple big channels (12-15 lbs.). As far as anywhere in the lake, do you have any suggestions? I do not know the actual "lake" that well at all. Thanks.

6. PEE DEE RIVER RAT

daniel..

hey hope you doing good .. where did you fish this weekend below the damn .. did you put in at the 74 bridge or below the damn at blewetts grave.. . also that island i was telling you about is in the lake .. the big blues will hold on the channel ledge or in the channell but at night they will move shallow just depends when you are fishing.. also most weekends they usually dont pull water.. the best fishing usually is when they are pulling water or when the water has been off at least a day or more.. below the damn there are some good flatheads down there the bigger fish will be taken on live shad, bream , perch, .. if you let me know the next time you are comming down maybe when can get together and fish some diffrent places to see what is working.. during the week is best down here..

anyway good luck fishing .... alan in rockingham

7. NCCatter

NCCatter Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Alan,
    I put in at 74 bridge and caught the flathead directly across the river from the ramp in those rocks. I have never been to the one between the dam and the wheels. I usually can't make it up there during the week but when I start getting off work at 3:30 maybe I can meet you up there. Just PM me your number sometime and we can fish. I would like to learn where to catch some cats in the lake. Thanks for the advice!

8. bigcatwannabe

bigcatwannabe New Member

State:
    rowland, nc
    dan, mYBE WE can go back this saturday night if the old lady will let me, just give me a call

9. bigcatwannabe

bigcatwannabe New Member

State:
    rowland, nc
    hey alan,
    me and daniel fish together a lot. you said u drift blewett falls? do u have an particular way u like to do that?

10. PEE DEE RIVER RAT

hey pat hope you are doing good. what i do is use my depth finder if the cats are suspended and not really hanging close to bottom.. i will drift cut bait for them .. i use my trolling motor.. to dectate my speed.. seems like the slower i go the better off it is .. some times there is a little wind up there and you have to use that into the setup and position your boat to go though the fish you locate.. just some trail and error..

hey good luck .. alan in rockingham

11. NCCatter

NCCatter Member

State:
    North Carolina
    See, I don't have that problem. I tell my old lady I'm gonna go fishing whether she likes it or not. I tell her I'll be back when I get back. Yea right, I'm lying like a rug too!! Maybe she'll let you go if you ask nicely!

12. bigcatwannabe

bigcatwannabe New Member

State:
    rowland, nc
    thanks for the advice alan. Maybe like you said, one day we can get together and see whats workin well. it's hard for us to make it all the way over there during the week, but maybe we can find a time. good luck

13. bigcatwannabe

bigcatwannabe New Member

State:
    rowland, nc
    hahahahaha, i know your old lady. I'm gonna have to have a talk with her, anyways she said she wanted to go with us so we have to figure something out, carry both the jonnies or the pontoon. maybe we ought to catch some bream and see if we cant hit the flatheads up below the dam or take the pontoon to the island, dont matter to me. but the way the rat is talkin, we have been fishing the wrong side of the island if they are coming out of the channel, the channel is on the far side of the island from the landing, right?

14. Ghoulscout 13

Ghoulscout 13 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    Hey do any of you guys know if there is any good fishing down by Spencer/Salisbury?? me and my girlfriends dad have been trying and cant seem to catch much but little fingerling channels

15. NCCatter

NCCatter Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Try hooking one of those fingerling channels for bait...

16. NCCatter

NCCatter Member

State:
    North Carolina
    By the way, cool avatar:cool2:

17. Ghoulscout 13

Ghoulscout 13 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    thanks..i just made my sig to put a little fishing twist on LOTR...hope y'all enjoy :p....oh and how would you recommend hooking them for bait?

18. NCCatter

NCCatter Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I would hook them behing the dorsal fin in the meaty part of the tail. That way no vital organs will be injured so the fish will remain healthy. good luck and hope this helps.