Pee Dee River Fishing and Sunnin

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by rivercatsc, Jun 10, 2008.

1. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Going to the river tommorw right at daylight and going to fish until it gets hot:crazy: and then I think I will resort to the sandbar for a cool swim and a cool drink. Then when it gets really hot I am going home. Wish me luck I have a hard day ahead of me.

2. PeeDee Cat

PeeDee Cat Member

State:
    SC
    I hope ya'll have more h2o than what we have in Cheraw. Good luck and be carefull in this heat.
    PEEDEE CAT

3. captmarty

captmarty New Member

State:
    south carolina
    well good luck james! i wish i could go but i am so busy at work right now that i can't get off!

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Have fun, James! I'll be thinking of you as we tear off a shingle roof and prepare to install a metal roof!!!!!!!!
    BB

5. SWAMPRAT

SWAMPRAT New Member

State:
    south carolina
    have fun and good luck. just try to leave a couple for everybody else!! :smile2:hahahaha

6. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Good luck-send us some pics of the big one!

7. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    Don't let the alligators bite you in the AZZ while you a swimming near the sandbar...
    Oh yeah, catch a bigun'

8. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Well we had a great time and the fishing was on fire until about 10:30am. Didnt get to the river until around 7am because I had to catch bait which I was going to do yesterday evening untill my neighbor tried to burn everything I owned up. He had a huge pile of logs stacked up and lit them off th burn and left to go to town meanwhile I went to vote and come home to 25 firetrucks in my yard. His fire burnt my 25 big pompass grass, shed with some of my stuff in it but the firemen got most of it out, and half my yard. He was actually burning tires and DHEC and the forestry commisin ripped him a new hole. Some of the embers burt holes in the carpet of my new pontoon boat and covered it in about 1/2" of ash which really pissed me off. Oh well back to fishing put in at Allison Landing late and the water was really LOW! The fish were on fire though. We caught 13 fish 7 flatheads, biggest was 14lbs, and 6 blues with the biggest being 16.5lbs. Caught them on live bream, cut bream, and live eels. Had a few other really good bites but just didnt hook up. After fishing for about 4 hours they just quite biting and the gars took over. After a bite too eat we resided in the water until arund 3pm. Great fun and I am thinking of actually going before daylight in the morning and fishing until 12.

9. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Good report, James! Glad y'all got into some fish! Sorry to hear of your problems with the fire. Need anything, just holler.
    BB

10. SWAMPRAT

SWAMPRAT New Member

State:
    south carolina
    thanks for the report james, and sorry to hear about your stuff getting burned up. i think i would have ripped him a new hole too right along with dhec and the forestry commission. i would love to be able to go fishin soon b/c i haven't been since me, you, and bearfrog went. wont be able to go this weekend either, my son has got to get shots tomorrow so he is gonna be ill as a sack of rattlesnakes for a couple of days and i got to take the wife to florence friday to get all 4 of her wisdom teeth cut out. (im gonna have a lot of fun this weekend babysittin both of 'em!!) maybe i will get to go soon though and be able to bring a good report back too.

11. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Brian when I get back from Missouri in a few weeks I have decided I want to get down to the Little Pee Dee River and try out those big flatheads I always hear about.

I will be back in the river at Allisons around 5am in the morning. I hope to have a pic of something BIG. I found some big fish but it was after they had turned off so I will go sit on them in the morning.

12. SWAMPRAT

SWAMPRAT New Member

State:
    south carolina
    catching a fish on little pee dee shouldn't be a problem as long as we get some water between now and then just let me know when you want to go and we will make plans. i will try to get down to locust tree and see how much the water has dropped since the last time i was down there a couple of weeks ago. it was low then and i had to keep my high tide wide open and try to stay over the top of the sandbars. just let me know something when you get back.

13. SWAMPRAT

SWAMPRAT New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i think the last time i was at little pee dee, the river was so low i could have swore i was two flatheads trying to drive a well down on one of the sandbars:smile2:. heck if it hasnt come up any we might have to take our own water to fish in!

14. captmarty

captmarty New Member

State:
    south carolina
    GOOD REPORT JAMES! LET ME KNOW HOW IT GOES TODAY!! I WENT ACROSS THE LITTLE PEE DEE YESTERDAY BRIAN ON THE WAY TO THE BEACH AND IT HAS COME UP SOME! STILL NOT LIKE IT SHOULD BE BUT IT IS UP! THERE WAS QUIET A FEW PEOPLE IN THE WATER YESTERDAY! YOU DON'T GET TO FUSH THIS WEEKEND BUT YOU GET SOME QUALITY FAMILY TIME!!1:wink:

15. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    Sorry to hear about the fire James. Idiots surround us all don't they. I may be planning a Santee trip last of June. Will let you know. You and anyone else here is welcome to join me. I'll post between now and then.
    again sorry bout the boat, but atleast you got a few flatheads to counter the bad luck.

16. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Fished from 5:30am until 12pm and caught 7 fish with the biggest a 18lb blue. The fishing for cats was slow but the gars were out in full force. Bream fished for a few hours and caught some really big redbreast and a ton of channel cats. Bearfrog1 thanks for the invite but I will be in Kansas City hopefully on the Mossouri River that weekend.