Pee Dee River at I-95

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by captmarty, May 15, 2008.

1. captmarty

captmarty New Member

State:
    south carolina
    DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE AN ACCESS POINT IS TO PUT IN AT I-95 BRIDGE??? I HEAR THERE IS GOOD FISHING DOWN BY I-95!

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Marty, the closest public landing I know of is at Cashua Ferry on SC 34, about 5-6 miles upriver from I95, and a pretty easy run. There is some pretty deep water there at the 'I' in that curve, and a nice sandbar on the south side if you wanted to bank fish, but I haven't been downstream from there. There may be a ramp near the US301 bridge, but I don't know of one.

3. bellymeat

bellymeat New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    the 301 bridge. Sometimes its tough getting in and out and there is pratically no parking if a couple of people are there.

Like blackwatercatz said put in at the 34. Nicer landing, plenting of parking.

If you ever put in there give me a shout. That's near my honey hole!

later...
    Ron

4. CatFishMick

CatFishMick New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    CaptMarty and I put in at 34, or used to, a whole lot. If 34 is considered a nice landing compared to the one at 301 then 301 must be HORRIBLE lol :smile2:.

5. bellymeat

bellymeat New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I chose my words carefully. I said NICER. Not nice. :crazy:301 is a rat hole. But if your fishing the powerlines down river where some deep holes are and BIG cats are caught its alot easier than going to 34 and traveling a while!

later...
    Ron

6. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    34 and 301 are both RAT HOLES and you take a chance everytime you leave your truck at either one of these landings. It is closer to put in at 301 to go to I95 but the fishing isnt any better there than any other stretch of the river.

7. captmarty

captmarty New Member

State:
    south carolina
    yea -they are both rat holes!! thanks for all the info guys! i have put in at 34 and road all the way to 95 but didn't know if there was a closer landing!