Pee Dee River at 301 bridge....

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by bellymeat, Jun 25, 2008.

1. bellymeat

bellymeat New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Be careful if you put in there.... I went down river to visit a hole...

1' - 2' feet until I hit my hole... Unbelievable... If you were lucky 2' - 3' feet.

I hit my hole it was 9' deep. Usually about 16 ft deep.

Caught 8 channels.... 3 over 10lbs... kept them for a stew this weekend.

Did catch all cats within about 2 hours..... Kinda non stop action.

later...
    Ron

2. CatFishMick

CatFishMick New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I sure wish CaptMarty and I would get to that type fishing. We seem to never find the right setup, spot, time, depth, or bait. Maybe the old saying is causing us problems. Maybe we need to reevaluate the way we hold our mouth. Still looking forward to both of us going with James soon to learn a few things. I want to go out with Bill soon too.

Bill are you going Thursday or Friday? I'm wide open. I'll send you an e-mail.

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    E replied to Mick. Thanks for the report, Ron!
    BB in SC

4. bellymeat

bellymeat New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    and friday.... Going to see if my idiotic carb will act right on my 9.8 and head on down the river some from 301. I may take my push pole with me. There are a couple of really good holes on down... I'm just not sure if I can get there. Well I'm pretty sure I can get there, but getting back is another thing...

But I'm in my 13 footer so I can get out and pull if needed. But I hate getting out in the pee dee to pull that thing. One minute your in 1' of water and the next you've stepped in a hole and over your head.

If anyone's going to be down near the 301 bridge at the pee dee give me a hollar....

later..
    Ron

5. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Ron I feel your pain brother. That sandbar at the boat landing is a pain in the neck. Good luck on friday.