Pee Dee River 9 27 08

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by Bill in SC, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Went by myself today, so I could take my time and check out some spots. Put in at Blues about noon and went upstream. I marked lots of fish in all my holes. Fished live bream and bream heads from noon until 6:30. Did NOT get ONE SINGLE NIBBLE ALL AFTERNOON!!!! Worse day I've had since late last winter. SKUNKED!!! Unbelievable! It would not have been bad had I not found fish, but I found PLENTY of 'em lying on the bottom, but could not coax them to bite! Water temp was 69/70, and the river was perfect looking. I covered a LOT of territory. Anyhow, I always try to make a positive out of a negative situation. On the positive side, I used less than 2 gallons of boat fuel as I rarely got over idle speed. I only lost one rig in the snags, and I did not tear anything up. Life is still good! :wink:
    Bill in SC

Attached Files:

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Looks like a nice evening to be sitting on the river. Thanks for the pic of your set up, I am always interested in other peoples rigs. Hope the fishing treats better on your next outing

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    < Hope the fishing treats better on your next outing>

That's what separates the good fishermen, from the great fishermen. Anybody can catch them when they are biting. The greats can figure out how to catch them when they are not biting. I shamed myself yesterday. I'm still hurting inside! :embarassed:

Bill in SC

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Shoulda' titled the post: Shamed on the Great Pee Dee 9 27 08 :embarassed:

Bill in SC

5. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Bill, Don't feel shamed my friend.:wink: We have all experienced those humbling days. As long as we can keep up the grind of cat-fishing week in and week out, We are truly Blessed:wink:

6. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    My last outting was fishless so don't feel to bad.

7. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Bill dont feel bad cause I will tell you that if someone says they have never been skunked has either never done much fishing or LIES.:wink: I have had MANY skunked days thats why its fishing and not catching.

8. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I appreciate the encouraging words, but it is a RARE day when BB gets a skunkin'!! :wink:

BB in SC

9. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Bill, don't feel all alone, same story here.

10. Flattiestalker

Flattiestalker New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Try using walleye's for bait:wink:

11. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    LOL!
    BB in SC