Pee Dee River 9 24 08

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by Bill in SC, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Shouldn't even waste the bandwidth to report today's efforts. One bite, one 8 pound or so flathead. Yesterday, the river was pretty low. Today, all the rock bars and sand bars were covered back up. I figured the water temp would have been cooler since they turned so much water loose last night, but it was still right at 73/74 degrees all day. Anyhow, time we started fishin', the water started falling like you took the plug out of a bathtub. It fell nearly 2 feet while we were there. These rapid level changes usually knock the bite off, and so was the case today. "They" say that 90% of the fish are in 10% of the water, and we just could NOT find them today. I guess they had to be holding up right in the snags, but we couldn't coax them out today. I do have about a dozen or so bream that I am keepin' alive until I get back about Saturday, weather permitting. Now that it's cooled down some, the bream stay alive good in my 55 quart aerated cooler. I change the water every day, and haven't lost a one. I think the fall sturgeon run is winding down. I only saw one splash yesterday, and none today.
    Bill in SC

2. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Hey champ-cant catch them all the time. It looked as if the fishing was fun. The water level changes at PD can be extreme at times. Definitely turns off the bite.
    Sat, we saw alot of turkeys flying over the river. I was kicking myself for not having my camera. What a beautiful view.
    Later,
    Lindsay

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    We saw a doe and a pair of fawns today. Also saw some deer dogs chasin' some deer at another place. The deer crossed the river and the dogs were swimming the river in chase!
    Bill in SC

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks for the report, I hope you do better on your next outing, Keep us posted