Pee Dee River 9 23 08

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by Bill in SC, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I was in a surly mood before I went to the river as I only had 8 live bream and one frozen herring. Put in at Blue's and went downstream. Water temp was 73 degrees. The turtles wreaked havoc on the herring all day. Caught 2 small flatties and one mudfish. Had one hit that looked like a flathead bite. I let my grandson reel it in and it was a pretty good fight. When the creature emerged, it was a big soft shell turtle! :smile2:. Anyhow, I managed to fill my cooler with live bream on the river. I am going to hit it hard all day today before this weather moves in tomorrow. Putting in at Society Hill today. Will report tonight. Ought to be a good day!
    Bill in SC

Attached Files:

2. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks for the reports.
    Nice turtle and a good looking boy there.

You be careful, that wind is howling today and only getting worse tomorrow.

You make me a bit jealous. Wish I could get to the river as often as you do. Maybe one day, when I don't have to go to w@&k I'll be able to get out more often.

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Well, I gotta go to work the rest of the week! :) The wind is never usually an issue on the river. Usually some sort of windbreak most everywhere you anchor or tie up. Our banks are very high compared to the river down stream towards Pamplico. Also, my drift buckets keep the boat relatively stable in all conditions.
    BB in SC

4. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    I hope I can find time to make it out this weekend. This school thing is starting to take away from time on the water.:sad2:

5. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <This school thing is starting to take away from time on the water.:sad2:>

Business before pleasure is my motto. You won't regret the school in the long run.
    Bill in SC

6. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Most definantly go to school! Or you could marry a rich chick?:smile2: