Pee Dee River 5-26-07

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by screamnclickersc, May 29, 2007.

1. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Well you can almost walk across the river here in Cheraw.We fished 7pm-1:30am caught 1 very small flathead w/ no other bites.Heard of good fishing up from Society Hill,if you can get past the rocks!!!

2. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Thanks for the report Jimmy. It is the same way down here but not rocks just sand bars. I saw things in the river this weekend that I have never seen. The litle pee dee was almost dried up we could barely make it up river to the boat house. I just looked at the river level at pee dee is 2.5'. Hold on though Jimmy the bigguns are fixin to come off the bed and they will be feeding like crazy.

3. NCCatter

NCCatter Member

State:
    North Carolina
    James, about when do you expect the big ones to come off of spawn?
    We fished last night and only caught 1 blue, which was 24#. Seems like they're getting harder to come by these last 3 weeks.

4. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I hope right after the full moon which is tommorow so the week before the new moon should be prime time. Thats just my opinion so dont hold me to that but it should be close. The fish that have been biting are biting real funny like they do in the winter just a little peck. I hope it will turn around soon cause I cant wait for the bigguns to start hammering down again. If you really looking for big fish just wait until the fall my new favorite time to fish. Good luck and keep those pee dee reports coming.

5. SWAMPRAT

SWAMPRAT New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i went fishing on the little pee dee yesterday and caught my limit if bream in about 45 minutes. the river is about dried slam up. i bet i hit about 5 sandbars going up river from gallivants ferry. but i guess if you can get your boat in you can catch some good catfish bait.. i aint been to big pee dee since last weekend and it was pretty low then i heard it was about dried up too, so i hope it comes up so i can go saturday night.

6. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    When it is low they have to be in the deep holes. Good luck

7. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Hearing some good reports of big fish being caught again. A buddy of mine just caught his PB blue 44#'s. Looks like their moving off of the beds and starting to feed hard again. The water is low so watch out for those sandbars. Should see some big #s at the weigh-in on saturday.