Pee Dee River 1 28 '09

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by Bill in SC, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I was bound and determined to test my new trolling bar set up today, rain or shine. Actually the day was quite nice, and I was shirtless for part of the day. All systems worked great, but the bar is a few inches too high. I guess tomorrow, we will cut it down shorter, about three inches. Sigh... always something. Anyhow, we caught one blue, 8 1/2 pounds. The American Spirit Pro Nite Sticks worked just fine, and I think they will serve my needs just fine.
    Water temp was 46 degrees, and we fished with frozen mullet. My camera went on the blink after a photo or two. I've taken thousands of pics with it in about four years, so I guess it may be time to think about another camera. That's one piece of equipment that's mandatory for cPr!! :wink:

Bill in SC

Attached Files:

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Cool, Bill, glad it is working out for you. :0a24:

3. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Nice Bill. How many rods were you able to comfortably troll with out of the back at one time ?...thats if you drifted today.

-Jim-

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    We anchored all day in the river, Jim. I guess I will have to go to the lakes to troll/drift. IMPOSSIBLE in this ol' snaggy river! :wink: We had the bar full with eight rods. The bar just makes the rods so much more easily accessible.

Bill in SC

5. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    The rack looks great Bill. Glad you got to try it out today!

6. nanny patrol

nanny patrol Member

State:
    SC
    Thats a good lookin rig Bill, you've got the perfect cattin machine:wink:

7. catfish98054

catfish98054 New Member

State:
    hampstead,
    bill that a sweet setup would like to do that to my boat yours looks great on the water

8. Robbie Norton

Robbie Norton New Member

State:
    Florence S.C
    Great job Bill look great i know it's work better.

9. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Robbie welcome to the BOC from the Pee Dee Catmasters.

10. crclhuk1

crclhuk1 New Member

State:
    Central, SC
    Nice job on the bar Bill, but was just wandering is that some special "CAT" juice in the glass jug in the floor with your gas tank??????????????????????? HHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM???

11. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <Nice job on the bar Bill, but was just wandering is that some special "CAT" juice in the glass jug in the floor with your gas tank??????????????????????? HHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM???>

Good eye! No, that's Chris juice. Twas a gallon of wine when we disembarked, and an empty bottle when we returned! :eek:oooh::crazy::eek:oooh:

BB in SC

12. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    You need 2 of those special bottles if I'm with ya...lol
    The Red Blunt is looking good from what I could see there. When we going out again?
    Jonathan