pee dee report

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by bigcatwannabe, Apr 2, 2008.

1. bigcatwannabe

bigcatwannabe New Member

State:
    rowland, nc
    been fishing the last 2 nights on the pee dee, monday we ended up with a 34 lber and a 27, last night we ended up with a 25 , 23 , 20 , and a couple smaller ones mixed in, all blues, anyway hope everyone is doing well

Attached Files:

2. Tubby Catfishin

Tubby Catfishin New Member

State:
    Ramseur, North Carolina

Man it sounds like you guys have been having some REALLY good nights out on the Pee Dee! Congrats on the nice cats!

3. redneck-j

redneck-j New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    You must be fishing below blewett. Do you ever fish above it? I am going to start fishing from the hwy 109 bridge quite often. If you have any advice I would appreciate it. Thanks for the report.

4. bigcatwannabe

bigcatwannabe New Member

State:
    rowland, nc
    i have never fished at 109 , but i have fished from little river down to the blewett dam, there are plenty of fish, the only advice i have is shad, the lake and river towards 109 is loaded with threadfin shad, ive found it to be the best bait

5. NCCatter

NCCatter Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Bigcatwannabe,
    That is a good lookin feller you got in that pic there! LOL Ryan and I went last night and caught a 37 and about a 20. Lost the smaller one tryin to get it in the boat. Wallet size chunks of shad are the ticket. We did not have any small nibbles all night that we could see.

6. bigcatwannabe

bigcatwannabe New Member

State:
    rowland, nc
    good deal man, i finally figured out how to catch those big threadfins at the powerhouse, maybe sunday we can go back

7. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Nice looking catfish thank you for sharing the picture with us

8. NCHawghunter

NCHawghunter New Member

State:
    Alamance County North Car
  9. bigcatwannabe

bigcatwannabe New Member

State:
    rowland, nc
    finally got the monkey off my back and landed a 53 pound blue last night, ill have pics on here soon

10. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    thanks for sharing the pic looks like your doing good so far

11. catfish98054

catfish98054 New Member

State:
    hampstead,
    congrats on the 53,bet that was fun

12. bigcatwannabe

bigcatwannabe New Member

State:
    rowland, nc
    heres a pic, sorry it took so long to put it on

Attached Files:

13. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Nice hawg there man!! Congrats on that one. Is it your biggest blue ever?

14. bigcatwannabe

bigcatwannabe New Member

State:
    rowland, nc
    yeah, this is my biggest blue, i started fishing for catfish about 3 years ago, my first year the goal was 20 lbs, then last year it was 40 and i got that, this year was 50 and i got that, so everything is great. i have one confession to make tho, my wife reels in every fish we hook, its just how it is, i enjoy it that way, but she wants me to confess so here it is

Attached Files:

15. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Yep, I can understand that. My fiance gets her fair share of fish to reel in but sometimes I just can't help but reel in a few myself and she's good with that. She loves to catfish, she hasn't gotten the hang of bass fishing yet but she loves cattin'. She hooked a giant last fall that almost pulled the rod holder out of the side of the boat and then about pulled her off the front of the boat. It hung her up and broke her off and that gave here the fever:big_smile: She was pissed for a week, she finally knew why I get so upset about loosing a big one!

PS-I've still got to get me a 50lb blue. I got the flathead last year and now I just have to get that blue. I got one about 40-45 last year but I haven't got one over 20 this year. Oh well, that's just how it works.

16. bigcatwannabe

bigcatwannabe New Member

State:
    rowland, nc
    yeah, you just dont ever know, i havent really figured out the flatheads yet, all the ones i catch are on accident, i got a 40 lber a couple years ago, maybe ill try to target some of them this year, every cast is one cast closer to the big one tho!!!

17. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    You, Sir, are really working on 'em! Congrats!!
    BB in SC