Pee Dee Catmaster Peg Leg Reb SCORES BIG!

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by Bill in SC, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Folks, the infamous Pee Dee Catmaster Peg Leg Reb pulled a rabbit out of his hat... errrrr.... a flattie out of the Great Pee Dee today. A HUGE beast it was. My scale said 50#, and it did not return to zero when we took the fish off the scale. The fish sprung my scale! I am sure it was 50+ pounds. It was 49 inches long and 13 inches wide. The fish was caught off a bream on what the "Big Boys" call a "toy" Shakespeare Tiger rod, but it is Peg Leg Reb's "Old faithful" rod and spinning reel. The hook was, I think a 5.0 nickel circle. The only thing I had to do with it was take the pic, as I did not fish today. I'm sure he will be on sometime to tell about it. In the mean time, check out the pics. Pee Dee Catmasters Catfish Clubbers rock!
    Bill in SC

Attached Files:

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    The fish, unfortunately, is now headed for lake Crisco. :sad2: A few more pics:

Attached Files:

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Two more notes of interest. He said he was fishin' upstream from the Society Hill landing, and this was the ONLY bite he had. I'll take that "only" bite any day!! :wink:

Bill in SC

4. stumphumper

stumphumper New Member

State:
    Ladson SC
  5. USCgamecock1

USCgamecock1 New Member

State:
    Camden, SC
  6. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    One more of our new '08 club "poster boy"! :big_smile:

Attached Files:

7. peglegreb

peglegreb New Member

State:
    s.c.
    i like the 1 of the toy rod and reel, with baby hook.

8. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    great fish i need 10 like that next weekend

9. seaark

seaark New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thanks for sharing. Thats a good one!!!!

10. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    Shoot ever since all my gear got stolen out of my garage 2 years ago, thats all i use these days.. got 4 of them, and no problems yet... plus this way, they come up missin, im out $20 each, not $150 each...

AND.. very nice fish!!

11. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P

That's why it's called fishing for THE ONE.

12. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Congrats David!:big_smile: Thats one nice trophy flat right there. Thanks for the pics Bill.:wink:

13. takeaction

takeaction New Member

State:
    Ware Shoals, SC
    Very nice! I can't wait to get a boat, any boat, and go after the bigger ones... It's probably gonna hurt me, but it definitely won't be the first stupid thing I've done! LOL :big_smile::wink:

14. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Wayne, if you search diligently, you can find a boat that won't hurt your finances too bad, and you can certainly modify it to minimize your back issues. Keep an eye on Craigslist and you will eventually find a steal.
    Bill in SC
    POP POP, did you get my PM?

15. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Didn't get it Bill:wink:

16. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Nice flat Peg-congrats!

17. takeaction

takeaction New Member

State:
    Ware Shoals, SC
    Bill, indeed craigslist has a lot of deals. I've been watching it since the day the doctor said I need recreation for my depression and we chose fishing. That's not the problem. The problem is that we are still fighting disability, with the wife's income being the only income. Even if the boat was free, we still couldn't get it because we have no way to get it home. Then, even if someone was nice enough to bring the free boat here, and do it for free, we still couldn't get the boat to the lake. :smile2:

One of our top priorities is a boat, as fishing calms me, and makes the whole family enjoy themselves, even if the fish aren't biting.:wink:

Bank fishing is fine with me until that day comes. Just "thinking" about fishing makes me happy to a point, and the thought of pulling in a bigun makes it even better. :smile2:

18. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Wayne, Your more than welcome to fish with me.:wink: I'll have my new project catsmacker boat ready soon.:big_smile: We'll go slime it up.:wink:

19. takeaction

takeaction New Member

State:
    Ware Shoals, SC
    I'll be waiting. :smile2: Need to get some power pro if we're going after bigger ones, as only one of my rod/reels could handle a bigger fish, and right now it only has 12# test on it. lol

20. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    nice fish pegleg reb!