Pee Dee 7/11

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by greencows00, Jul 12, 2009.

1. greencows00

greencows00 New Member

State:
    SC
    Step-dad and myself went out to PD Saturday morning. Got there around 7 am. We were surprised that only one person was there before us. we fished up river and caught a few. i got two around 5 lbs and we both caught a few small 1 lbers. had a great time until it was time to go back to the landing. we fished until 12 or so. we used night crawlers. caught one bream for biat and only used it a little, one hit and a miss. took it away from him.

started back down river and we get a little ways and an alarm started going off in the boat. we think it was something to do with the oil injector cause they motor was not smoking at all like it normally does so it was not getting oil. we had to use the trolling motor to go about a mile or two down river to the landing. was not fun sitting there getting back to the hill by trolling motor. we were not sure how getting the boat on the trailer was going to work, but it was pretty easy. now just gotta take it to the shop.

river was low and a little muddy. but it was real nice to be on the river.

2. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Welcome to the BOC Brother.Thanks for the report:wink:

3. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Welcome to the boc.
    My buddy and I put in at the bluff several yrs ago and went down about 7 miles when his injector alarm went off.
    It took us all night to troll back up river against the current in the dark. it took us 3 batteries and was on the crankin battery when we finally got back. We thought about drifting down and hitchin the road back up but trolling up sounded a little better in the middle of the night.:cool2:
    Gotta have your act together on the BPD-especially at night. After all i have seen on the BPD-a safe trip is a good trip!

4. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    Thanks for the report !!

5. greencows00

greencows00 New Member

State:
    SC
    yeah last year we put in at the landing down from bluff and went down. somehow the kill switch was hit and we did not know why the motor wasnt starting. the kill switch lanyard thing on the boat just loops over switch. so we said well its on so the switch hasnt been touch.. after 3 hours of waiting on someone to come get us i just looked at the thing and said hmmm it shouldnt be down.. flipped it back up and the motor started up... we all felt pretty stupid on that one. lol we were almost to the 378 bridge.

6. ncriverrat

ncriverrat New Member

State:
    Trinity, NC
    thanks for the report, i fish the pee dee and its a tough rugged river and we take on water everytime we go lol, it usually takes us 1/2 hour to get down the river to our spot, but 4 or 5 hours to get back up river we wade and pull more than we ride, but well worth every step i fish the section west of rockingham was turned on to it by a friend three years ago and the rest is history. caught a 60,40, and lots of 20 and 30lb flatheads out of that river, and hooked sum id been happy just to have seen!!!! gotta love that pee dee!!!!