Pee Dee 5-09-09 Bream/Catfish

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by rivercatsc, May 8, 2009.

1. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Headed to the river this morning with my buddy Chad to go catch a few BIG bream but I had to go to work tonight so we didnt want to stay too late. Put in at Petersfield landing about 8:30am. I had brought 4 catfish rods and a dozen eels so we could try a couple of holes before getting to Jordan Lake. We fished 3 holes and caught a 15lb blue and a 4lb blue on live eel and cut eel. Started bream fishing in Jordan lake about 10:30am and man the bream fishing was on fire. We had to wade through tons of little fish but endd up keeping 39 rerally big bream and shellcrackers. The bigger fish didnt sem to be on the bank like the smaller fish just about 10ft off of the bank. I bet we caught 100+ bream but most were really small. About 12:30 we decided we would try the cats for about an hour and a half and leave cause I needed to get a nap before going in tonight. In the 1st hole we caught a double of flatheads a 3lber and a 16lber. Fished 2 more holes with no bites and the last hole caught a 13lb flathead and missed a really good 1 that came unglued. Had a great time and the river was rising and looked good. I cant wait to go try those Little Pee Dee Flatheads with swamprat in the next few weeks.:wink:

2. Blake Wright

Blake Wright New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Melanie said the one that come unglued was a tree just like she had at santee:smile2: Thanks for the report, glad ya'll had a good day.

3. dknight

dknight New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    nice report, hoping to find some big ones this week end, so i can get a more respectable avitar :wink:

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    God report, James! I hope to get at it in the a.m.

BB

5. scwolf

scwolf New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks for the report James, sounds like a lot of fun.

I think Judy and I are going to beat the banks again tomorrow night, hopefully this report will be better than last time.