Pedernales river fishing???

Discussion in 'TEXAS RIVERS TALK' started by Wac M Trac M, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Wac M Trac M

Wac M Trac M New Member

State:
    Texas
    I finally got my weedeater moter done. With my boat loaded down it does 8mph. Not fast but way faster/better then me paddling. I have a great map of the Pedernales river and plan on hitting it for catfish soon. I see some huge drop offs and deep creeks.

What should I be keying in on at this time of year. I read a book on catfishing rivers and reservoirs but I didn't learn much cause it was about Michigan waters.

Right now my stratagy will be to float jug lines around and fish deep ledges on the bottom. If I jug line gets hit...I'll fish that area a while.

I plan on chumming the mouths of a few creeks. Then fishing DK's on a slip bobber.

???? Anyone ever fish that area. What kind of cover/structure should I look for?

2. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    never fished there. I do want to know more about the weedeater motor. Good luck on the river!!!!!!!!

3. BigOBear

BigOBear New Member

State:
    TX
    Driven over it a few times. Where'd you get the great map? Good luck in it :)

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Good luck with your motor. That sounds like a great project.

5. BoxxerBoyDrew

BoxxerBoyDrew New Member

State:
    Woodway, Texas
    I am wondering where you got the map as well! And about the motor too! :big_smile:

Andy

6. Wac M Trac M

Wac M Trac M New Member

State:
    Texas
    Got the map online. I cant look right now but it's my history so I'll find it. I think I googled texas fishing maps though.

7. Wac M Trac M

Wac M Trac M New Member

State:
    Texas
    Well I finally have a little time. The map is actually a Lake Travis map but it also covers alot of the pedernalis up top where it runs into the colorado. Probubly the only fishable waters till we get some rain. It's called Fishing Hotspots Map. Google it and youll have what I have.

My moter is doing pretty good. Im pretty sure I worked all the bugs out of it. I'll post pics soon. I took it to the Blanco yesterday and did 8 mph on the gps. My little boat makes wakes with it. It weighs about 20 pounds with gas in it. There is a good stretch of deep water that's about 300 yards long. I covered it in a few min. Had a problem though. The machined mounts on the shaft started shifting with the vibration. Also I used gear oil in the shaft and it leaks. I have grease seals on both ends so I bet if I use marine grease that problem will be solved. I bought some rubber gas line and sandwiched it in the machined mounts and it's rock solid. I'll be fishing Wednesday so I'll post another report. Hope she does better.

8. el-de-saspamco

el-de-saspamco New Member

State:
    Saspamco,Texas
    Awesome, thanks for sharing your reports and updates on your motor. I'd love to see how the motor thing goes, I have a weedeater lying around here I'd love to get wet!

Rubes

9. Wac M Trac M

Wac M Trac M New Member

State:
    Texas
    I'm goin to Pedernales Falls SP next week. I hear theres some biggies in there.

Hope to fish on Sunday with Byron and anyone else who goes to the get together.

10. gonzo1

gonzo1 New Member

State:
    texas
    Hope to hear a great report!!