pecatonica river

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by rockfordflathunter, Jan 17, 2008.

1. rockfordflathunter

rockfordflathunter New Member

State:
    rockford,illino
    I know there are some serious catfisherman that fish the pec and was curious if any are onthe site this river holds some monsters for a tiny little river!I caught my pb on it and was looking for any info other members have?

2. amfit2btied

amfit2btied New Member

State:
    illinois
    ive fished the pec river for 30 yrs. we should hook up. ive got my PB of 54 lbs on the good ole pec. she is a well kept secret.

3. amfit2btied

amfit2btied New Member

State:
    illinois
    revision

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    sounds like a great little river, good luck

5. amfit2btied

amfit2btied New Member

State:
    illinois
    Yeah like i say, itis a gem. Ive gotten other pb fish out of her, have some on the wall and lots of pictures too. Its nice living a half mile from the launch.

6. amfit2btied

amfit2btied New Member

State:
    illinois
    how does a guy chat one on one with other members

7. rockfordflathunter

rockfordflathunter New Member

State:
    rockford,illino
  8. U-262FirstMate

U-262FirstMate New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Guys,

I'm in total agreement with you on the Pec. I've also caught my PB catfish and walleye out of this river. I grew up fishing the river with my family, so I've got about 20 years worth of experience on it. It is a true gem, but it's not easy to fish. There are times it can be down right difficult. But get on it with the right bait at the right time and you can catch some big fish. Where are you fishing on the river? I typically fish Trask Bridge to Pecatonica whenever I'm back home. I live in Decatur, IL now, so I do most of my fishing on the Sangamon and Kaskaskia Rivers down here. But, the Pec is still my home river :). The Sugar is another gem if you can get access.

U-262

9. JH1

JH1 New Member

State:
    IL
    I am new to the Pec. Where are the boat ramps?

10. g3l33m

g3l33m Member

State:
    Pec, Illinois
    There are two right in Pecatonica behind the fairgrounds, another one just north of town at the Pec Forrest Preserve, another one at Trask Bridge, and probably a couple more that I'm forgetting.

I live in Pec but didn't fish it but maybe once this year because it was flooded most of the time and then when it wasn't there were so many mosquitoes I couldn't hang. Ended up driving into Rockford to Levins Lake in the daytime or going to the Oregon and Dixon dams in the middle of the night.

If anyone in the area ever needs anyone to fish with shoot me an email at usca at mckean dot com .

later,

Greg