Peanut Butter Pie

Discussion in 'BOC Member Cookbook' started by boswifedeb, Oct 14, 2011.

1. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Peanut Butter Pie

1 carton (8 oz) whipped cream, thawed
    1 graham cracker crust
    1/2 cup strawberry jam (optional)
    1 cup cold milk
    1 pkg. (3.4 oz) instant pudding mix (vanilla, chocolate, or whatever floats your boat)
    1 cup of peanut butter

Seal bottom of crust with just enough whipped cream to cover. Drop jelly by tablespoonfulls onto topping. Spread carefully. (We like it better without the jelly).
    In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix until thickened. Add peanut butter; mix well. Fold in remaining whipped cream. Spoon into crust. Cover and freeze for 4 hours or until firm. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving.

WARNING: THIS PIE IS EXTREMELY ADDICTIVE
    DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2012
  2. fubar4life2010

fubar4life2010 Official USCA Wookie

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    Name:
    David
    Sis,you are making my lips,smack the end of my nose!
    That really sounds good,cant wait to try it!
    Thanks fer sharing!

3. plainsman

plainsman New Member

State:
    minnesota
    Sounds excellent, wonder if my wife will allow it. She likes healthy food, that whip cream might not go over so good. But I can give it a shot.

4. Rotin'_Snotin'

Rotin'_Snotin' New Member

State:
    Tennessee
  5. JPritch

JPritch Well-Known Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Damn that sounds good. You can never go wrong when something involves chocolate, peanut butter, and whipped cream.

6. HawkeyePierce

HawkeyePierce New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I got a great peanut butter pie story. My wife and I are the proud parents of 6 month old twins, and while we were in the hospital after they were born, she was still under the influence of the medication. Well, it was a long pregnancy with lots issues (Thankfully everyone is healthy now) and I was trying my best to make her as comfortable as possible. On the evening of the second day there she was sleeping when she wakes up and out of no where tells me she wants peanut butter pie.
    I had never heard of peanut butter pie, but what she was describing sounded very yummy. After a 10 minute discussion she tells me to go find a vending machine and bring back her peanut butter pie. That every hospital in the world had a vending machine with peanut butter pie in it and I was not to come back until I found it.

I'm going to make it a point to make this for her next chance I get. Thanks Debbie

7. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    i have heard of peanut butter pie, even had some just cant remember where it was...i guess old age will do that to you...lol

8. Dobroplayer

Dobroplayer Well-Known Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Sounds great.......I'm going to try it.....