Peak of rut in Indiana

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by eleyfish, Nov 7, 2005.

1. eleyfish

eleyfish New Member

State:
    NE Indiana
    Anyone have an idea as to when peak of whitetail rut will be in NE Indiana? I have seen bucks chasing does for 3 weeks now but they are not mature bucks, I think it is starting to kick in this week...

2. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    baitfish,

Can you give me some info on the hunting regs in Indiana? What are the seasons, weapon requirements, etc. My dad was talking to me and he thought that IN, was a bow/shotgun state only. Is this true? If so no big deal I prefer to bowhunt anyway.

-Brian

3. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
  4. eleyfish

eleyfish New Member

State:
    NE Indiana
    You can use any legal firearm (no rifles or small cal handguns) during the 16 day season starting Nov 12, they have another 16 day season starting Dec 3 that is primitive weapon only (archery and muzzleloaders) . Some Southern Counties in IN have some pretty liberal doe limits this year. I am having a hard time focusing on work this week, I have taken vacation all next week, looking forward to tenderloins on the grill but I wish it would cool down a little more.

5. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    the rut kicks in Oct.20{not saying you wont see a little buck chasing doe action,but normaly the does are not interested before this time} and the peak seems to be around Nov 8-Nov14,from the 8th-14th these are the days to be in your stand all day,i have killed several mature bucks in this time period in the middle of the day.
    this is all from my experiances and it seems to go along with alot of others experiances as well so id say its pretty accurate...good luck to ya,hope ya get a monster.