PE DYNEEMA BRAID 100LB 500M SPECTRA GRAY

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by LEROYDOZOIS, Jan 23, 2010.

1. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
  2. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona

3. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I think Dyneema is less expensive but also its not 100 % spectra fibre, I've heard it is the braid that will be really hard on your line guides unless ya have rollers. The price is tempting but I'm gonna stick with spectra.

4. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    I skimmed though did not see a brand name on it. Don't think I would buy it without a brand name and other info. There is a reason why it's so cheap.. PE stands for.. Poly Ethelene

Dyneema and spectra are basically the same thing.

5. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I bought some off E-bay last year.It wasn,t PE brand,but looked quite similar to it.It was called Pelagic spectra braid,but it was made from micro-dyneema.Cabelas Rip-cord braid is made from dyneema and I,ve never had a problem with it.The Pelagic line I bought worked out fine.I picked up a 1100 yd spool of #60 for $41 with the shipping.My brother used it on 2 of his flattin rods last year and didn,t have any problems with it.It was slightly thicker than PP for the same #,but not by much.I see the price of it keeps goin up on E-bay too!For the price,I don,t think ya can beat it!I got some of the Pelagic #100 i,m gonna throw on a reel this year and I don,t got no qualms about it.