PDN Nova

Discussion in 'Art Appreciation' started by kat in the hat, Feb 18, 2007.

1. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Check out what I've been working on the past cople of days. Yes, it's traced from a photo, but still alot of meticulous work involved. Just learning how to use this program.

Attached Files:

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Matt it looks like the real thing. Thanks for sharing. You sure are fighting that cabin fever. Ha.:smile2:

3. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    Matt thats Realy a good picture.

4. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    hey matt that looks good , tracing is a form of art . i used to have a light box made just for that .

5. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    This is a lady that remembers riding in those cars,and witnessing them being souped up which really made them neat. I love old hot rods. Thanks for the memories you are one cool brother!:smile2:

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thats real good .those were a muscle car that never made it like the mustangs,cameros, and mopars but they were hot little numbers none the less

7. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I used to drive a '73 Nova back in high school. It was a heap of rust and bondo when I got it, but it had a fresh 400 small block in it and VERY fast, so I fixed it up. That car was almost legendary around town. I will scan it, and post a pic somday. The one in the drawing is a '72 or older which are more popular/valuable. Personally I like the '73 because of the way the quarter panels come up to a point in front of the back window, and I like the plastic grill. '74s look the same, but have some stupid looking plastic bumper guards. My fave is the '66 ChevyII that I will never be able to afford. I used to walk all over Mustangs, and Camaros. Had drag racing fever. I'm in no particular hurry anymore.

8. Jesse168

Jesse168 Member

State:
    Memphis, Tennessee
    Forget the drawing and get you a REAL NOVA ! !

Matt we still have 2 ORIGINAL NOVAS. My wife special ordered a 1972 Nova in June of 1971 received delivery of it in September 1971.

I purchased a 1973 Custom Delux in the late 80's...it was in bad shape. Totally rebuilt it from the ground up. Had engine bored and we built it here at the house so my son would know what it took to build an engine. My brother-in-law had a body shop so he did all the body work for me and had another fella reupholster the inside. When we got through with it my older son used it for college transportation. He finally gave it back to me a couple of years ago after he bought a 1997 Buick. I am now going back though it and make necessary repairs needed since the restoration back in 1989.

Jesse