PD Tourney

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by BigBird, Sep 18, 2008.

1. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    I read James was out of town this week-fishing his way on vacation. Bill's been quiet this week-must be still sleeping, working a little or pre-fishing?
    Isnt there a tourney Sat 20th on PD? If so who is fishing?
    Lindsay

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Yep the tourney is day after tomorrow at 6 am from Dewitts Bluff landing. I'll be there. James is around this week. His vacation starts NEXT week.
    BB in SC

3. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Im still around vacation begins the second the tournament weigh-in is over. I am looking foward to the tournament and have had LOTS of phone calls and the weather is going to be beatifull which is why I decided to bump this tournament back 3 weeks. Every year we have held the Fat Cat on the last weekend in Aug and it is always 100+deg and then a few weeks later it cools off some so I decided heck just move it back a few weeks an hopefuly it will be cooller and it looks like it is going to be right. The river is around 9ft and holding steady and the water temps have dropped about 10deg so that combo should have the fishing on fire. I am expecting to see the largest weigh-in of the year. I hope to see everyone there.:big_smile:

4. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    James, I've never heard much spoken of the Bostick landing; is that not such a good place to launch? Also, do you know what is going on at the GPD bridge on 378? Been noticing the crane there for quite a while now, and just wondering.
    I've never fished that stretch of river above 378; is it deep enough for my boat in the area around Dewitt's?

5. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Dewitts should have PLENTY of water for your boat right now, Tommy. If that is an indication that you may come fish with us tomorrow, it would sure be a pleasure having you.
    Bill in SC

6. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I don't know, Bill, whether I can make it or not. I'm not really set up to keep fish alive for any length of time, and the few tournaments I've entered were strictly for fun, but who knows? I was thinking of heading up that way sometime later today just to try a new area, though. I've been landlocked too long; wanted to go shrimping today, but the winds are too strong, so I will try to catch a kitty if I can...

7. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I don't have a proper big fish holding tank yet either, Tommy. There are LOTS of good places to fish fairly close to the boat ramp, and I weigh my fish in as I catch them, if large. The cooler weather should help with less stress on the fish. Unless they are HUGE, I can keep them alive in my 55 quart live bait cooler. By all means, come if you can!
    Bill in SC

8. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Thanks, Bill. I'll see how things go. I'd love to get up there and fish, just to meet up with the guys.

9. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Tommy I hope you make it down our way in the morning. Bostick is a good landing and better fishing if you ask me deeper water more curves and just a good all around place to fish. I wouldnt leave my truck there overnight but no problem during the day. Hwy 378 bridge is in the process of being 4 laned and that will be the first step in 4 laning it from Lake City to Conway. I just left the river checking some of the landings for who was limb lining tonight and there was little to no activity. I reckon all of the limb liners are going deer hunting in the morning.:wink: We should have a good crowd and a great time tommorow. I have some really nice door prizes that would love tokeep for myself but I reckon we can part with them.:smile2: See everyone in the morning.

10. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Thanks, James. I mostly did reconnaissance today, and I agree with the deeper water and curves downriver below Bostick. I didn't see any other boats, but I did run across 3 young guys drifting down on tubes.
    Nice looking territory, but I wish I had spent a little more time trying to get some bream for bait. Planning to see you guys early in the morning...