PB

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by flatter, Apr 13, 2008.

1. flatter

flatter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey everone Im startin to get fired up about our season which starts the 21st and just thought Id throw this out there. What is your alls pb on a turkey. Such as spurs, beard , weight. My best overall bird had 11" beard, 24 1/2 pounds and 1 3/8" spurs. Hope to hear from yall sooon.

2. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    my pb was the 28lbs'er I got yesterday morning. details to that are in another post here (long beards ) I think is were I put it.

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    we are almost identical with the exception of mine only had 1 1/4" spurs. I can't wait till Monday, they are rockin the timber here in the southern part of the state. Good luck everyone. Remember there ain't no callin back a shot so PLEASE make certain of a target. It may be me ya hear scratchin in the leaves and tellin sweet lies on that diaphram.:wink:

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    To date the best I have gotten was a 25 lb Rio with a 10 1/2" beard and 7/8" spurs. My best Merriam was last spring ,19 lbs with a 8" beard and 3/4" spurs.

5. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    biggest one was 25 pound turkey with a 12 inch beard and 4 inch spurs

6. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Congrats guys, those are some nice size turkeys.

7. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I killed a slooosh of turkeys in my life and never even heard of 4" spurs. Hopefully it's on the wall.

8. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A

wow you got a pic of those spurs??? that is just too awesome!!! to put that in prospective a dollar bill is 6 inches long...I've never seen one like that and would love to see that!!!! Thanks for posting on that!

Hunter's Name Longest Spur Harvested Method Species
    1 CONNIE BENDER
    IN ( details) 2.3125" Apr 26, 2007
    CHAMPOTON, CM, MEX M Firearm Ocellated (Typ.)

This comes straight from NWTF, and searched under spurs, anywhere, typical and atypical birds...

Brother you have yourself a record and didn't know it I guess.

9. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I have never seen or heard of over 2 inch spurs myself. I would love to see some pics of that bird. I bet bass pro or cabbela's would pay some realy big money for that bird mount.

10. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma

Hmmmmmm Super turkey,Perhaps.

11. flatter

flatter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Do yall smell somethin? I guess its just me.lol. Anyway the biggest spurs i ever saw were 1 15/16" and talk about a limbhanger. Im only 19 and hope in my years to come to just come close to that. Those were takin by my dad and he has killed numerous birds in the 1 1/4 1 1/2 range. That is no joke. The areas we hunt are heavily pressured so callin dont work too good and the birds that are left are usually the ol wise ones. So odds are your gonna get an older bird. But 4" Wow brother my hats off to you. that is a true limb/log hanger. cntryhart hope you give em hell on the opener. Im in midwest mo and birds were litin it up about 3wks ago and i aint seen once since so i dont know whats goin on. good luck to yall thanks..

12. spcmitchell28

spcmitchell28 New Member

State:
    Polo, Missouri
    I have never heard of any spurs being remotly close to 4in:roll_eyes:. My pb had an 11 1/4 inch beard with 1 1/4 inch spurs and weighed 22lbs. I cant wait to come home on leave to chase after some MO gobblers :smile2:. Have the birds been gobbling in northern MO?

13. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Troy, their rockin the timber here in the southern part. Season opens Monday, yheeeee-haw. I love it when that 870 roars on a good calm morning. Good luck everyone

14. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    John got it so bad he's out in the yard calling and got hens hollering back at from the other side of the hollaw. Good grief! I 'm like ohhhhh, let the old gal alone, she ain't bothering you! :smile2:

15. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Woman, you have no idea the grief them huzzies have caused me. Sometimes i just wanna break-up nest and go to stompin eggs:crazy: Ya gotta have the ladies if your gonna have the boys though.:cool2:

16. montgomery#1

montgomery#1 New Member

State:
    ogden utah
    Sounds like a tall tail if you ask me. I think picture should be shownfor pruff.

17. Bigbluefisherman

Bigbluefisherman New Member

State:
    Missouri

I have been hunting in Northeast KS and they have been gobbling good. I live in St. Joe, MO which is in Northwest MO. I am ready to go aswell Good luck to all. The whole 4" spur turkey....Hmmmmm....he must be on steroids of some sort. I have seen 1 7/8" spurs before and that is huge. My PB in MO is 25#s 12 in beard and 1 3/8 spurs...My PB in KS is 24 #s (2 beards) the 1st beard was 11 "s and the 2nd was 8"s and he had 1 1/4" spurs.

18. Bigbluefisherman

Bigbluefisherman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Here is the one I killed in KS Last Sunday...He is just a 2 yr old 20 #s 10 in beard and 1 spurs.

19. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    My PB is 22lbs 11 1/2" beard and 1 1/4" spurs. Wanna see some pics of these 4" spurs.