Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out friday night for couple hours and nailed my BIGEST FISH ever a blue we guessed at 80+ the scales we had bottomed out at 70. Was out in front of the dam, same area I caught my next biggest of 50 lb last year.
It came at a sever cost though RIPPED EVERY GEAR OUT OUT OF MY REEL never had that ever happen before. I had the drag set right (SO I THOUGHT) he was taking line off real good and gears just let go into pieces and locked the real up, was fun last 25-30 yards hand lining him through the rod. Sorry I didn't get any pic, (as always camera left in truck).

·
Registered
8,122 Posts
Congrats on your new pb. What a way to catch him. Thats luck for sure.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the reel was a CZH60 baitcasting I got off e-bay just to try it, all the rest of my reels are garcia 5000 and shakespear 4000 series, go figure that would be the one he wanted to hit on.

SPECIAL THANKS AGAIN to roundhill,chrisblue,catfishrus, and blackwaterkatz for ALL the tips and help when I first got started. This fish goes to there credit because without their help and advisement I probably would not have been rigged with the proper line and setup and would have lost it.

THIS ALONE is why I say that BOC is one of the best fishing info sites EVER !!!!

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
congrats, seems like scales are bottoming out everywhere these days, all too common situation nowadays, gonna have to get one of them coffey scales just to be on the safe side:eek:oooh:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.