PB Monster Buck Pic

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by CatFishingFinatic, Aug 13, 2007.

1. CatFishingFinatic

CatFishingFinatic New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Here is my story......
    I have been deer hunting for 6 years, sitting through the cold, the snow, the heat, the rain, sitting for hours and seeing nothing. all the things you do waiting for that deer to come in your sights. Sneaking into the woods before day light, leaving after dark, endless scent stoppers, etc etc. To never even get my sites on even a fork or doe. Well, this boy stepped into my sites and down he went. 1 shot, he ran about 30 yards and was dead in his tracks. He green scored 189, but after deductions he came in at 153, 11 points. I ranked 3rd in the state for Muzzy. I love my optima, wouldn't trade it for anything. I have also taken an antelope with it. Clean quick kill.

Attached Files:

2. BassCat

BassCat New Member

State:
    NC
    Congrats on an AWESOME deer!!! time has paid off well.
    Mike

3. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Now as Paul Harvey says you know the news heres the rest of the story!! Well the finatic is my better half. The day started with hard work as usual and as the day came to a end. We have a ritual of going thru a park and just watching the deer. Well my better half wanted to drive thru park and I replied the deer season is winding down lets go see if we can see one to harvest instead of just looking at these tame park deer. Well off we went in business clothes out to our farm a quick change into some hunting togs we were off when we spied 3 monster bucks about 400 yards away!! We belly crawled in snow to within 75 yards and hid behind the brush on the fence row. Well as luck would have it they got spooked and headed our direction. My wifes heart was beating as loud as a spring thunderstorm and her hands were shaking like my legs the day we got married. I looked at her and told her if she didnt calm down she would miss a chance of life time. Little did she know I was shakin just as bad after 35 years of deer chasing. I told her to stop looking at the rack and concentrate on her "spot" to take a couple deep breathes and squeeze!! Thru the smoke the deer hunched and took one powerful leap and collapse 25' from where he had met his maker. The walk up to the fallen monster hand in hand will be a memory that will last till my last breath. The look on my wifes face was worth all the times we set dejected, frozen, hungry and coming home empty handed! Thanks for the memories my "deer" hee hee. Love ya!!!:wink:

4. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    Thats one great lookin deer, congrats on a magnificent buck.

5. CatFishingFinatic

State:
    Iowa
    Ahh Thank you honey. It was the most awesome hunt. And being able to share it together made it even more special.

6. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Congrats on the PB, great looking deer.

7. CatFishingFinatic

State:
    Iowa
    Thank you Derby, that is a nice looking rack you're holding too.

8. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    Great deer, congratulations.

9. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    Wow...MUCH nice than my eleven. Congrats on a great deer.

-Red

10. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    :crazy: GOOD GRIEF!!!!:crazy:

That is a darn monster!!!! Congrats on getting what many (yes, many meaning ME) would consider the buck of a lifetime.:wink:

11. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Awesome

You go Girl! Thats great. COngradulations! You defintely earn bragging rights.:smile2:

12. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Rebel :eek:oooh:she already has had me make a shrine for it on our wall and my desk is right across from it!!!!!!:embarassed:

13. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    All mine are in the basement!! That's what happens when you wife doesn't hunt!:0a32: