PB for grandkids

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Ben Noll, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Ben Noll

Ben Noll New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My daughter came to town for her 20th class reunion and brought two of my grandsons.Clay 9,Ben(my name sake)8.We went bluegilling Sat.afternoon at a buddys farm pond with the cane poles and wax worms.I cleaned 18 keepers,fried em all-they disappeared faster then a worm at a Robin convention.Well,they had to go catfishing today.My daughter won't let me go without another adult in the boat.She's not worried about the kids-she is a worry wort that something might happen to me-then what would the kids do.Just because I'm still a pup at 65-I don't get it.I leaned on buddy Randy,he cowboyed up and away we went.Shad was easy to get but it was pretty windy with a lot of boat traffic.I fished really my third choice due to wind and direction but things worked out.We started about 4:30 and quit at 7:15.The bite was slow but quality was good.Clay caught first fish on his 33,a 6pound even female channel.That was his largest so far.Previous was 3.8.Ben caught the next one,5.2 pound male channel(his first channel).Randy caught a 5.2 also and Clay caught a 5.7 late.Grampa did manange two dinks.The boys were both using Zebco 33s,made their own casts and done all the fish fighting.It was fun.They have been fishing sine a little past three-and-they love it.Good fishing and be safe.

2. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    hey that sound s like a good time, it don't get much better than that buddy thanks for takeing the time to share

3. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    congrats with the grandkids

4. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Congrats to ya bro for gettin them young boys on the water it is something the will remember for a lifetime. Also tell them way to go for there personal bests. I got twin boys that are almost 5 months and im really itching to get them out. Way to go again Ben!

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    HELL YEA!!! Way to go. Thanx for the story.

6. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Congrats to you an the grand kids that sounded like an awesome fishing adventure an no doult the kids had a great time.

7. hankgava

hankgava New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Great job Ben. We're going to have to hook up sometime at Dillon.

Hank

8. Mako

Mako New Member

State:
    HOPE MILLS, NC
    Congrats to the younguns.....:0a23:

9. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    congrats to you and grandkids

10. mbill

mbill New Member

State:
    Midvale Ohio
    Congrats to you and the grandkids, Those stories make it all worth it.

11. skunkedagain

skunkedagain New Member

State:
    OHIO
    thanks for the story pops.keep us updated on anymore fishing success.