The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
148fish.jpg

148fish.jpeg

Here it is...The only thing I know is that it bottomed out a 25lb spring scale. I would like to get estimates from you guys. I'm looking for something a little bigger this year!

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Congrats on the PB. Welcome to The BOC also. :cool2:

·
Registered
286 Posts
somewhere in the mid 30's id say.nice fish!

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Here is a way of determining how much a fish weighs by measuring it .... This is put out by the Florida Division of Wildlife and I have seen Roland Martin us it on TV before ... it is real close ....... Garry-

A common option used for estimating fish weigh is: Girth (in inches)-squared (number multiplied by itself), times length (in inches) divided by 800. A 22" long bass with a girth of 15" weighs about 6.2 pounds using this formula.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Nice fish! I would guess it weighs in the low 30s. If you had measurements we could make more accurate guesses. Thanks for posting it.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Jim thanks for sharing the pics of your nice flat.
regardless of how much the fish weighed your smile indicates 40#. Thanks.:big_smile:

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Welcome to the BOC. It looks to be about 33 to 35in and about 30lbs. I have old pic. of myself with one about that size. Congrats on your PB:wink:.

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
Congratulations on the dandy flathead, I would also guess 30 to 35 but it's hard to judge a fish by the picture. No matter what it weighed, it was a dandy.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts