PB corn flakes

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by BigOBear, Jul 28, 2008.

1. BigOBear

BigOBear New Member

State:
    TX
    Here's one I got from a cousin and me and one of my daughters made yesterday. It's probably from the back of the corn flake box and I just never paid attention lol. The ones we made yesterday are gone now :embarassed:... too good to last hehe.

2 cups peanut butter
    2 cups corn syrup
    8-10 cups corn flakes

Heat peanut butter and corn syrup in a big pot. When it's melted together good, turn the burner off and start mixing in the corn flakes. She told me 8 cups of corn flakes (she thought) but I think it could have used a cup or two more yesterday. Anyhow, once you've got it mixed up, just spoon it out with a table spoon onto wax paper or aluminum foil and let it cool. Once cooled, we put them in a big bowl and put them in the fridge for an hour or two.

2. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Wonder if you could subtract some of the syrup and add chocholate to it? Nothing like PB and chocholate! Might have to give it a tray

3. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Mmmmmmm.....now I'm hungry!

4. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Gary, I googled this "peanut butter chocolate corn flakes" and a whole bunch of recipes came up. The ones I looked at called for SS chocolate chips. One said press the PB/flakes mixture into a pan, then top with melted chips; some others had the chips melted and mixed in, plus additional ingredients.

Here's a link to MrsTop's No Bake Cookies. You may have had them before, although they're called lots of different names.....no bake, boiled, peanut butter delights, or simply oatmeal cookies. Anyhow, I don't see why you couldn't sub corn flakes for the oatmeal?

www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49096

5. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    mmmm mmmm mmmm I have added the chocolate when I make them! DELICIOUS!!!

*goes to the cupboard to check for ingredients* :cool2:

6. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Just sent the recipe to my wife to make for my daughter and grandkids....they should love it she is going to add chocholate to it