PB CHANNEL CATFISH

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by BEHITJ, Sep 3, 2008.

1. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    Went out Tuesday afternoon and caught my PB Channel cat.Didn't have a scale or a camera imagine that but it was a true pig.If I had to guess it somewhere between 15-20lbs.It was a picture perfect fish not a mark on it.I was going to drag it home to weigh it and take a picture but I didn't want to hurt the fish so I released it.I caught it on the Missouri River on a 2" live shad man it was a brute.

2. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Sounds like a great fish John, we need to get you Alton boys some scales and cameras. Maybe Justin can get cannon and coffey to sponsor some of next years tourneys.:smile2:

3. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    I went out with my father in law to test out his boat we only brought a couple of rods along just to make a few cast and fish just alittle while really not expecting to catch anything.That's why I didn't have anything with me.We where mainly out to run his boat he was having problems with it,we ended up finding the problem.Lesson learned always bring a scale and a camera you never know when your going to catch a goodin.

4. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    sounds like my luck lol

5. Stl-Stitch

Stl-Stitch New Member

State:
    Saint Charles, MO
    Congrats on the new PB.

6. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Congrats.. Scale and camera are always kept in tackle bag anymore.. And it stays in the backseat of the pick up

7. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    Congrats John, you dont need any camera or a scale if you say it was a nice one i beleive you!!!!:smile2:

8. Nessie

Nessie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Congrats on the new PB. Those big blues are great but it is nice to mix in a lunker channel cat every once in a while.:big_smile:

9. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Oh, I believe John. I also like to look at the pics of nice fish.

10. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    congrats on the pb channel

11. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Congrats on your new PB John.

12. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Congrats John. That's one heck of a channel. I caught a 17 back in 06 up at Mark Twain, and I haven't seen one that big since, caught out of a public body of water. True hog indeed!:wink:

13. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    In all the years of fishing the Missouri River you hardly ever see a channel that big I just thought it was neat to catch one that big.Thanks guys for the comment I will have to start taking my camera with for Ryan he is a trye picture freak.:wink:

14. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Congrats on the PB Channel Cat!! Way to go John!:0a18::0a23: Scales are nice to have or a tape measure, but it sounds like you caught a heck of a nice cat!!

15. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois

I am going to go out on a limb here and say you are lying about what you caught that fish on. you say it was a live shad but i am going to put my money on SHRIMP! Im just messin with ya, congrats brother on another fine catch!!!!:smile2::tounge_out::smile2:

16. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    Now Jason you know how I feel about that shrimp don't get me started.Really I don't fish with shad that often but this time I did a little 2" shad tail hooked it wasn't out there 2 min and BAM!!!!The rod went down and it was on.I was using my special top secret low to no current rods:0a19::0a19::0a19:.