PB CATFISH HISTORY.

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Angler Ace, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Angler Ace

Angler Ace New Member

State:
    Pleasant Hill,
    OK. It's a NEW SEASON, and I already have see on the board people posting their new PB's. How long have YOU had your current PB? Do you think you can better your current PB? Have you ever best your PB during a CATFISH CONTEST of any kind. I mean all 3 types of CATFISH. Channel, Blue, or Flat.
    It's been to long for me to even mention when I got my PB CHANNEL. Just when I think there are no BIG ones left, I hear someone gets one 10 pounds better than mine. I think everyone will say they can better their current PB, But the Better the PB, the harder it is to beat. What do you think? :cool2:

2. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    My PB for channels (primary fish where I am at) is 19#. This PB is 3 years old so i bound to break it this year:wink:

3. Angler Ace

Angler Ace New Member

State:
    Pleasant Hill,
    Good Luck Robb. You sound determined enough to do it, and I think it takes a lot of determination. I already know you got the KNOW HOW.

4. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    I have been fishing for cats ever since I was a little boy in my Johnny Jumpers, fishing with my Grandpa. I have only been fishing for them for a little over a year seriously, so last year I got all my PB's. My pb channel was #13, Blue #37 and Flat #44. I would love to beat all three, but it is going to be hard in the Flathead department. I hope I can hook up with one of the slabs I got lastyear. I have some new spots I would like to check out that is on bigger water and I have heard rumors of Flats. caught over #45 so you never know. Good luck to everyone this year and PB's for everyone!:cool2:

5. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I set 3 P.B. this past year. If I can set only one this year....I'll be happy.:cool2:

6. Angler Ace

Angler Ace New Member

State:
    Pleasant Hill,
    Ken, those are pretty GOOD numbers. If you could just best one this year, it would be a feat. Good Luck to you, and Hope you get the one your after. I will have my EYE on the BOARD. :wink:

7. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Honestly, I think that me getting my PB is pretty much like a crap shoot. When I got my biggest channel and flathead they both came out of no where...Im sure its the same for most folks here. I really didnt do anything different as far as targeting bigger fish though.

8. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    My PB blue is 50 pounds caught in January, 10 pound channel caught in August of last year and 20 pound flat caught bass fishing about 5 years ago. I have netted several blues for other people over my PB of 50 many times out of my boat, and most of the times on my rods:confused2:. I expect to break my blue catfish PB every trip out, just have to make it happen:tounge_out:. I plan on targeting the flats more so I expect that PB to go up also. The only one that might be really hard to beat is my 10 pound channel. Those are few and far between on the waters that I mainly fish.

9. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    my personal best channel was 19 pounds 2 years ago , but I never had a camera so no pictures of it .

my personal best flathead was 76 pounds out of mississippi near grand tower illinois 5 years ago , and again no camera . I could kick myself for that one .

my personal best bluecat which I dont target blues was 23 pounds out of baldwin lake in illinois 4 years ago and I do have some pictures of that trip someplace .

my personal best bullhead cat is about 3 pounds and he got chucked into the woods , because I hate those bait stealing little s.o.b.s ......lol

my personal best spoonbill was 32 pounds snagged near the chain of rocks bridge 7 years ago , only time I went spoonbill fishing and only one I ever caught .

10. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    My PB stood for nearly a year, but I broke it back last November, and then again this January. Had a guy on my boat in Feb beat my PB and set his new PB.

I'm gunning for that 60lb club.