pb blue on kerr lake 12-30-08

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by gbigskin, Dec 31, 2008.

1. gbigskin

gbigskin New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    fished kerr yesterday from 8:30 a.m. till 1:00 p.m. first hole no bites and i watched another boat catch a few small fish. moved to the other side of the boat catching fish and still no bites. moved to my go to hole. fishing fair catching 3to5lbrs. moved again still small fish. moved again and at high noon i boated a 38incher (cpr). phoned a new friend i fished with sunday without any luck and told him he was missing the fun today. at 1:00 p.m. i decided to pull anchor and go home. took up my first rod and felt tension on the line then a slight tug. set hook and fish started pulling. when i got to boat the gunfight really started. landed fish with my boga grip. not sure i could have netted by myself and handled the rod too. as my scales on board would only weigh 25lbs. i had to make a decision about cpr or release to the grease. decided to keep the fish as it was my pb cat on r&r in the year i have been catfishing. needless to say i was excited. took in two more rods and then on my fourth and last rod another fish was on. was using 10/0 kale hooks snelled to a 18" leader and reels in neutral with clicker on. hard for me to imagine fish being on and no sign of a bite. when i got home the fish measured 42 and change and weighed 42lbs. counting the cpr i had over 100lbs in 4 1/2 hrs on 4 rods. my largest poundage of cats to date. i put my big scales on board so i will be able to weigh and release if i ever am able to catch another XXL cat. thats my story and i am sticking to it.

2. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    Congrats on your new PB.:cool2:

3. posifour11

posifour11 New Member

State:
    OK
    congrats! very happy for you! keep 'em comin'

4. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Congrats on your new P B

5. healthydrink

healthydrink New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    CONGRATS ON YOUR PB!!!:roll_eyes:

6. fox9988

fox9988 Member

State:
    Lincoln,NW Arkansas
    Name:
    Forrest
    I've read many new PB's in the last few min.Time to go fishin soon!