PB Blue catfish on the Mississippi River - Finally! Broke the Ice

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Grumper, Apr 28, 2007.

1. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Me and Keith, (KGK20), went out on the Mississippi today. We left out of Crystal City, Mo about 8 this morning, and headed north the fish up toward the Jefferson Barraks bridge. Caught an asian, and a few shad, and we were on our way. We fished till about 2:30 with not even a bite. So we decided to go back to the truck, pull the boat out, get some lunch, and re-launch the boat at Rush Island. We got back out about 4:00, and ended up finding a hole that was on fire.:big_smile: We caught several fish in the 10-25 lb range, and my new PB blue on rod and reel. He weighed 36lbs. All the fish we caught were in super fast deep water, caught with cut shad. We anchored on top of a submurged dyke, which dropped off into about 65 feet of water, with a current speed of about 4-5 mph, according to my speed sensor. It's been a long winter, fishing 2-3 times on the river per week, since late January, and nothing until today. Patience has finally paid off!:big_smile: We kept a couple of the smaller ones for cleaning, and CPR'd the 36.

Attached Files:

2. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Congrats on the report Gary

3. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    great job...sweet fish....was a great day out today...that made it even better

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Good looking fish you have there in the picture.Sure did look like it was eating good over the winter. Congrads on the new PB on the Blues. And thank you for sharing story with us .

5. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    good job gary i hope you gps'd that whole for future fish'n cause where theres small ones theres also bigguns

by the way thats a good lookin fish and thanks for sharing

6. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD New Member

State:
    KANSAS
    NICE,SWEET,GOOD JOB

7. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Aaah, Gary, I'm headin out this there this week, Truman access. Wish ya could have used a wide angle lens on you pic, can't quite make out the Exact location of your lucky spot. LOL
    Glad you found them, you sure earned it.

8. TeamWhiskers

TeamWhiskers New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Gary.. Sounds like you broke the curse for us! I noticed the water has dropped over at Flamm City to better conditions. Time to get out there soon..

9. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Awsome job Gary.Thanks for sharing pictures.

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Great Job Gary and a nice fish. Congrats on your PB. Sounds like you have found a honey hole.:lol: :smile2:

11. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Thats ok Kutter, Cuz knows where Mr Gary is. lolololol. Nice work Gary. Hard work pays off doesnt it?

12. TomV

TomV New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Missouri
    Congratulations Gary and a very nice fish.

13. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Good Job Gary!!!!! Thanks for sharing the pics and the story with us!!