pb blue catfish - fishing rod almost smashed the water!

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by jlcperformance, May 3, 2009.

1. jlcperformance

jlcperformance New Member

State:
    moberly, missouri
    went to mark twain yesterday with my buddy fishnfool, only had a few bites up until around 6:45 my rod smashed down almost to the water. hooked it and got the fish in. was a 11 1/2 lb blue cat. that is my new pb on rod and reel. i will post some pics later today.

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jeff Congrats on the new PB blue. WTG.

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    CONGRATS, Jeff! Boy, those blues have a savage attack, eh? I believe they back off and get a running start to take the bait. :cool2:

Bill in SC

4. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Congrats on the PB Blue!! I always have wanted to catch a Blue! Yeah! Please post some pics of her!

5. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Congrats on the new PB blue Jeff. Always good to see a brother break their old PB.

Tom

6. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    Congrats on the new PB blue. Now go out and catch another one.

7. quadrunner42029

quadrunner42029 Member

State:
    NC
    keep at it and it will get bigger and bigger until you die of old age tryiong to catch a bigger one but it sure makes it fun everytime you shatter your pb record cya later brother

8. Fishin'_Fool

Fishin'_Fool New Member

State:
    Moberly MO
    Congrats on your PB Jeff, glad I got to witness it. Keep fishing and you'll have a new PB by the end of the year!!! We'll have to go again soon.

9. jlcperformance

State:
    moberly, missouri
    here r some pics

Attached Files:

10. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    congrats on a new PB jeff way to go :wink: !!!!!!!!!!

11. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Jeff, Congrats on your new PB Bluecat:cool2: thanks for posting the story and the pics.:wink:

12. catfishchris

catfishchris Active Member

State:
    missouri
    Congrats Jeff on your new personal best!

13. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Congrats, Jeff!! I hope to break my personal best this year, too.

14. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Congrats! Keep at it and it won't be long till you find yourself complaining one night - "All I caught was a couple little old 10 lbers..."! :wink:

15. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Way to go Jeff on your new PB… Mark Twain has not been much of a consistent blue cat lake so congrats on a fine fish… What bait did it hit on and how deep were you fishing… I’ve only targeted blues for a couple of hours there with no luck but have done very good on channels and good on flats… hopefully we’ll start seeing more rod and reel reports coming in on blues from there. :wink:

16. jlcperformance

State:
    moberly, missouri
    caught it on shad, i took a whole peice of shad about a 5 incher and just cut the tail off of it to try something different, caught it in a about 15 ft of water in the old river channel on north fork

17. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Con grads on the new PB for Blues on R & R. Normally Mark Twain is known for it's big Flats not Blues.W.T.G.Now go get a bigger one.

18. Snagman23

Snagman23 Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Sam
    Congrats, sounds like you had a good fishing trip. I caught my pb blue cat this weekend too, I'll post mine when I figure it out.

19. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Congrats Jeff. My PB for the year is zero.:confused2: Ain't been, but thats all fixin to change.

20. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Way to go!

Idunno...I seem to catch more bluecats than anything else at Mark Twain. Maybe not the best lake for them, but that's what we seem to catch. Haven't seen one over 40# yet, but they are in there. We've caught dozens of them at a time. Gotta go into the rivers when the water is on the rise...you will catch lots of blues.