PB at Lake Monticello

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Chalk, May 4, 2008.

1. Chalk

Chalk New Member

State:
    Union, South Carolina
    Went to Monti today and it was as calm as I have ever seen this lake. Sat for hours with not even as much as a nibble but I did run into Chris Blue and thats when I knew I didn't have a chance since he had already caught all the fish. :wink: I moved a couple of times and caught a few small blues then I moved one more time and thats when it happened. The rod bent down beside the boat and when I picked it up I knew this was a good fish and I was by myself. I finally got the fish up beside the boat and when I held the rod in one hand and put that net in the water with the other ,the big ol Blue took off again. I repeated this same sequence several more times before the fish finally gave up. I finally got the net around him and pulled him in the boat. After about 30 minutes I don't know who was more tired me or the fish but anyway I ended up with my PB Blue with a weight of 33lb. I took a pic of the Fish laying in the bottom of the Boat since I was by myself and had no other way to photograph this fish. What a killer catch my personal best and can't even get a decent pic. After I realesed the fish a guy who had seen the fight from accross the lake pulled up and offered to take a pic for me but I told him I had already let him go. He couldn't believe I released the fish but he wasted no time dropping his anchor.

Attached Files:

2. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Congrat's that's a heck of a fish.

3. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    I hear ya big daddy!!!! You been gettin on a roll lately.Thats a nice big male blue.We didnt get one near that big today.We struggled pretty hard today.We got good numbers but nothin over 22 lbs, it was a male too and hardly any of the rest where any bigger than 8 lbs.Yesterday was alot better but thats Monticello for ya.

4. catchaser1

catchaser1 New Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
    CONGRATS ON YOUR PB CHALK! FROM YOUR SPAWNING POST CHRIS I COULD EASILY TELL THAT WAS A MALE, THANKS

5. fishmccall

fishmccall New Member

State:
    Anderson sc
    congrats on your pb:smile2:

6. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    CONGRATULATIONS ON THE PB BLUE CAT

7. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    you getting on monty alot here recently arent you chris? wonder whats up with that:confused2:
    congrats on the new pb that is a nice catch.

8. huls1

huls1 New Member

State:
    alabama
    nice blue thanks for the pic

9. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Congrats on your P.B fish that is one heck nice looking blue cat, I bet that thing put up a good fight glad to hear that you caught one and good luck to you here on out and hopefully you can catch some more fish.

10. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    Nice catch Kevin, Congrats on your PB. I had the honor of being out there on Monty today with Chris. The fish seemed to be every where we set up, just all males as Chris said. I beleive the big females just took a day off. Still was a great day of fishing.

Chris, Can't wait to go out fishing with ya again.

11. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    It was blast even though the fish didnt co-operate.My cheeks and stomach are still sore from laughing so much.:smile2:

12. QBQ

QBQ New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    CONGRATULATIONS ON THE PB

13. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Nice fish chalk. Congrats on your new pb. Hope that is one of many to come.

Tom

14. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Congrats on the PB Chalk:wink:,that is a good fish for sure,one to be proud of.

15. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Congrats on the hammer blue. I know that was a trill and kinda interesting trying to land a fish that size by yourself.

16. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like an excellent trip. Congrats on the personal best.

17. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Congrats on the Solo Pb !!! Thats a really nice blue.

-Jim-

18. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Congrats on the PB Chalk

19. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Way to go Chalk!!!!:wink: Super nice PB.

20. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Great job, Kevin! That's an awesome blue :smile2: