PB 60.8 lbs and a good friend bailed me out

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by stlcatman, Jul 20, 2008.

1. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Well I hit the river again last night alone. I met up with Mike and Debbie on the Meremac. Did anyone ever hear of the rumor that Debbie is bad luck.:smile2: Well we didn't start out too well, I caught a 14 and missed 3 fish. We moved to another spot that had been producing and nothing. Well it was time for Mike and Debbie to leave so I went down stream to try a new spot and hit an 18 right off of the bat. The next fish well he was a bit bigger. It started with just a few taps, a few more then the rod tip loaded up slightly. I picked it up and thought I would real in a dink. I loaded the rod all the way up and the fish swam right at the boat, about half way he figured he had changed his mind and the fight was on. It is not easy landing a fish that big by yourself with no net. I put the boga in his mouth and jerked him in the boat. I didn't get any pics but I took a video with the camera. I don't know how to load it yet but I am working on it.

Now for the part about Mr. Kutter (the saint). After catching my breath I decided it was time to go and picked up all of the rods, through the rest of the bait out and went to start the motor. (thank god I have always practiced starting the motor before you brake the anchor loose) well you guessed it, it wouldn't start. I think it is either a low battery or a bad starter. Well it is now 5:00 a.m. and I call Kutter up and he told me no problem I am on my way. He suggests that I keep fishing but I told him that I had thrown all of my bait out and took what I had off of my rods.:smile2: I just can't tell you how much I appreciate Kutter for taking the time and expense out of his time to come and get me. This is a great place filled with wonderful people who I am glad to call Friends. People please rep Kutter, and Tom I owe you my friend. Thank you Mr. Kutter!

http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...=608lber-2.flv

2. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    congrats on your pb and sounds like you had fun

3. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Great fish Ryan. Congratulations on a new PB!

4. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Wow Ryan! :crazy: I just watched the video! What a hawg!!! :cool2: Congrats on the PB Blue Cat! :worship::worship::worship: Special thanks to Kutter for helping out a fellow B.O.C. brother! :0a31:

5. catman from owensboro

catman from owensboro New Member

State:
    ky
    THAT A GREAT FISH MAN..............THANKS FOR SHARING

6. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Ryan, Congrats on a great fish there, and on surviving the trip, lol. Reps out to Kutter for the rescue.

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Congrats on your new PB,Ryan. I am also glad there are great folks like Tom to come to the rescue of those of us that are in a bad way from time to time,Thats what makes this truly a brotherhood/sisterhood.

8. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Congrats on that new 60+lb. personal best Ryan!

9. bream reaper

bream reaper Member

State:
    Indiana
    Nice fish, and that's when you find out who your friends are...

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for sharing the video. WTG Ryan. That is one nice fish. Congrats on the PB.

11. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Ryan congrats on your PB blue.:crazy: Hope everything is ok with boat.

12. runabout199

runabout199 New Member

State:
    Cartersville, G
    one day ill catch one that big . great fish gratz and good lookin out brother

13. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Congrats Ryan. Awesome fish !!!

14. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    great fish Ryan thanks for sharing the video :cool2::cool2:

15. lfeduccia

lfeduccia New Member

State:
    indiana
  16. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Congrats on the pig Ryan. You should be able to get still pics from the video. Thats one for the wallet.:wink:
    Kutter, that was a great thing that you did. We need more like you around.:0a31:

17. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Thank you for all of the kind words and again to Kutter. The problem with the boat was just a bad battery. It is back up and running again.

18. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Cool video & nice fish. Thanks for sharing. :wink:

19. massa_blake

massa_blake New Member

State:
    Texas
    Sounds like you had a blast until the end thank God for good friends.

20. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Darn, next time I get a camping offer to hit the Meramac I won't turn it down.