Pays to shop around

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by TRP1, Jul 23, 2007.

1. TRP1

TRP1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I wanted a new tackle box and while on the way home from work stopped by my local Gander Mountain. They had a Plano 737. the price was 46.00. I like the thing real well, lots of compartments and it is a large Tackle box. I decided to stop by wally world and see what they wanted, 29.00 for the same box. Bought it and spent the difference on a few lures.............

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Rich congrats on the new Plano 737. Yes it pays to shop around. There is bargains out there if we can hold the fever down and look. Enjoy filling that box up, and good fishing.:smile2:

3. godsglad8tor

godsglad8tor New Member

State:
    Riverside, CA
    same thing goes for bait and other supplies or even updates on local lakes, i found this mom and pop shop about 20 mins from my house, if i shop there i save 1.50 non worms 3.00 on cut mackrel and everything else at cost price pretty much, it really helps to shop around like you said

4. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    I found the same kind of deal. You can get Cajun red line at Wally world for about the same price as the mail order shops with no shipping charges and no waiting for it to get mailed to you.

5. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Rich I have that same plano. Alot of room in that box and you got a great deal.

6. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    I too have a plano 737.. nice and large, but i swear there is never enough room for all my junk

7. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Let us know how it works out. Congrats on the new box

8. TRP1

TRP1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Transfered all my tackle from my old box to the new one. This thing has more room that I ever expected! Time to shop more more lures to fill it up.......

9. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    I love finding good deals, whether its at wally world or yard sales. My favorite is probably the walmart clearances during the winter. You can find stuff up to 90% off if you time it right.

10. godsglad8tor

godsglad8tor New Member

State:
    Riverside, CA
    i know what you mean:smile2:

11. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    If Wally World has it then it will definatly be cheaper.

But, I always try and support local mom and pop bait stores when I can. A few extra dollars for that extra personal touch is worth it to me sometimes.