paylakes

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by slinky, Aug 13, 2008.

1. slinky

slinky New Member

State:
    ohio
    any1 paylake fish?

2. catfishking35

catfishking35 New Member

State:
    ohio

3. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Nope just isn't my cup of tea.......Welcome to the B.O.C

4. catfishking35

catfishking35 New Member

State:
    ohio
    and this should go under neath the paylake section

5. zcat

zcat New Member

State:
    ohio
    Where is the paylake section? I looked around but can not find it. Thanks

6. catfishking35

catfishking35 New Member

State:
    ohio
    i meant lake section haha sorry

7. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    used to,not any more.this post should be alright right here

8. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Honeslty the few times I have, I have had a much harder time catching fish than when I was fishing normal lakes or rivers.

9. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I used to fish them some. There were some new ones that opened up near here a couple years ago. They had pictures of a 40 lb blue and 4 flatheads over 50 lbs....with one that topped 60+ lbs,that had been stocked in it. I fished for them Monsters many times , but never hooked up with a really big one. Just one over 30 and several over 10.The place charged $5 to get in and you had to keep your catches and pay $1.25 a lb for all that you caught. After one good trip, I was out over $ 50.00. If you caught the 60+ lber....he had to go back, but they payed you $50.00. So for that kind of money I can fish all month at the lakes and I'm only out gas money. They were only opened for 2 years and something happened to all the smaller fish. They just dissapearred........LOL:smile2:

10. cali2ohio

cali2ohio New Member

State:
    Milford, OH
    what lake was that. i never heard of such a thing. i use to pay lake alot, but now with gas prices, and haveing to pay for my eight year old boy to fish, plus the fifteen for me, and then not to mention the slots. it would turn out to almost cost 100 bucks just to fish 12 hours. thats why i fish the river now, i can fish for as long as i want and it doesnt cost a thing. its more exciting cause you never know what your going to hook on too.

11. JKrupp

JKrupp New Member

State:
    Ohio
    We used to go to a paylake around here but it was more a tournament style where you would pay 26 bucks to fish and it was in 6 hour blocks but if you caught the biggest of the hour you won money depending on how many showed up that night sometimes 70-80 bucks and if you won the biggest fish of the night it was a more substantial prize normally around 200-300 and there was also a progressive pot that you could win half of if you caught any of the tagged monsters he had in there so it was pretty cool

12. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    The paylakes were in Western Kentucky and called They were only open 2 years. All the big fish ate the smaller fish and nobody was catching anything.:crazy:

13. slinky

slinky New Member

State:
    ohio
    is the best i have ever fished no channels just big blues and flats i have never seen anything under 10lbs come out of these lakes and he has 8 100 pound fish swimming there 7 blues and 1 110lb flat, cant wait til i catch him!!!!!!!!!!1

14. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    gonna get a warning for using names of the pay lakes,kinda like promoting them.now on make sure ya don't use the names :roll_eyes:

15. slinky

slinky New Member

State:
    ohio
    i was just answering a question

16. jkim546

jkim546 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    i pay lake fish all the time, but thats cause im from cali, and unless i get a chance to drive a couple hours, gotta pay...

17. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    dont matter. names of paylakes can not be used. just say location in general. not names. its a rule.

18. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    i fish a pay lake here in pa pay $9 to fish limit 7 no charge by the pound this lake is stocked from farm raised fish i know alot here have negative feelings towards pay lakes . i understand why but this lake is totally on the up and up no illegal stuff going on here i know the people well that run it and they would never stoop that low to deal illegally

19. slinky

slinky New Member

State:
    ohio
    thanks for that info i was unaware of that rule and i wont post any names again sorry about that.