paylakes

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Countrypunk92, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Countrypunk92

Countrypunk92 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Hello peeps.
    this post is for people that go paylake fishing to share their ideas,baits. and other info.

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    You realize what ya went and did don't ya. LOL!

3. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Alex Himes
    19 post

Let's just jump on him with two feet! :roll_eyes:
    Man' you guys are really sad..............:sad2:
    Welcome to the BOC Alex :wink:

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

Hes been here for over a year. He should have known. LOL!

5. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    hey guys this thread is for the people that like paylakes an go to paylakes it is not for our opinion on paylakes ,please respect them ,they need all the help they can get:wink:

6. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Point taken.Apologies given.My opinion only.:sad2:

7. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    okies sorry but i am not into that seen i only do reivers but i bet you can catch some gills and fish over each other :angry::confused2::confused2::angry:

8. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Alex, just a heads up..Here in Ohio and Indiana we have big problems with people catching trophy flatheads from our rivers and selling them to paylakes.

I have no problem with paylakes that stock farm raised fish..But up here they dont, they catch wild fish and put them in the pay ponds.

It may be totaly different down where you live.

9. catfishinsc

catfishinsc New Member

State:
    SC
    Personally I would never go to a paylake, but if that's your cup of tea then that's fine. I have no problem with someone going there to catch few to eat or to take some kids fishing, especially if they rarely get to go fishing and they want to have a better chance to catch some. But as far as catching "trophy" fish from a paylake, that's about like shooting a "trophy" buck from a pen.

10. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    How'd I miss that? yup' Alex should expect a few hits throwing bait like that out there! lol :eek:oooh::crazy::smile2:

11. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P

I haven't been to a paylake since 1988, but I have had sucess with hot dogs, nightcrawlers, and chicken livers.

Unless you are elderly, handicapped, or 3 years old, you should have no reason whatsoever at a paylake unless it's the only fishing hole within a 100 mile radius of where you live.:cool2:

Fishing out of an aquarium is not sporty and is comparable to hunting in a zoo!:smile2:

12. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    Welcome to the BOC Alex.I would not go to a paylake most of them buy there big fish from people that have caught them from our public waters and thats something I want support.

13. Countrypunk92

Countrypunk92 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    i respect everyones opinion and understand why.
    but i also go to paylakes,yes. and i like it. but doesnt mean i dont like rivers or lakes. i just dont have transportation there.
    paylakes are just the same as a pond. except they stock fish.
    i dont like the deal with taking big fish from public waters. but dont get made at the paylakes. get mad at the fishermen who do that.
    if your running a paylake and `want more business and your offerd a big fish, wouldnt you take it? although some paylakes have fishermen to get them fish. that is wrong..

Paylakes are fun and enjoyable all the same.
    most people go because they are disabled,young or dont fish often. but doesnt mean you cant pay 10 bucks for a couple hours of fishing, that u dont have to waste abunch of gas to fish.

but everyone has there opinion.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
  14. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    No,,,

15. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    In some of these states it sounds like a law should be implemented to combat the removal of species from one body of water to another. Here in Ca it is illegal to remove fish from one body of water and transport to another. That is the reason why you do not have that problem with pay lakes out this way. They get their fish from fish farms instead. Some farms which produce nice size fish be it trout or catfish. The main problem in those states that allow that is which the government that gives them the ok to do that.

16. Countrypunk92

Countrypunk92 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    i agree that they shoudnt take them. because fish farms have BIG fish to.thats why there isnt a prob here either. our fish farms have been here awhile and produced 50# plus here.

17. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    BUT under no situations do they BUY fish from the stupid few......... to stock there ponds
    They have farm raised channel no flatties or anything esle either. They also used to be open for business years back where they supplied the resturants around the area. They decided to stop that open a pay pond and a catfish resturant...
    You have to keep anything you catch and they charge ya per pond of fish. Can get mighty costly. Because the way i hear it is the fish will bite a empty hook now a days. LOL
    I took the boys there years and years ago and yes it turned them on to fishing.They had a blast. So please remember all the paylakes are not the same. In arkansas I can testify for one at least. Clean banks shade and they will even clean the fish for ya for a price. LOL
    I understand some states have major problems with paylakes I have seen on the net the horror of it. But there are good ones in other states also. It is just like anything esle ya deal with in life you have to search out the good ones and leave the bad ones alone. That goes for just about everything we come across in life WINK!

18. WV_Catfisherman

WV_Catfisherman New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    theres a paylake across the river in ohio, SkyLake, and the owner has a commercial fishing license. he sets trot lines and drop lines all over the rivers here and takes the flatheads he catchs and puts them in his paylake. ive seen pictures of 70lb+ flatheads he has put in there. its packed every weekend, so he's not gonna stop. big flatheads are hard enough to catch out of the river, without this jacka$$ taking them out. sad...

19. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Skylake,,GRRRrrrr.. :angry:

'Round about the time it got popular (prizes) I was living beside a creek that provided bait for the neighborhood and fishing for the local kids.

All of a sudden I notice some of the "adults" in the neighborhood are not just tossing minnow traps in the creek, but fishing,,, for hours,,, Long story short, the fished out all the breeding size chubs, all the bluegill, anything of size, and all but completely killed that stretch of stream. And yep, all of it went to Skylake.:angry: