paylake

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by GOLD FISH, May 24, 2008.

1. GOLD FISH

GOLD FISH New Member

State:
    portsmouth/ohio
    i usually fish the river but i was looking for some good paylakes in southern ohio and northern kentucky

2. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    In not in that area, but I'm sure you'll get several responses from the southern Ohio guys

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    When you get 10 posts I'll shoot you a PM. I live about 30-45 minutes away from Portsmouth. There are several around but not allowed to specify any names. You got a great spot down on the Ohio river down there where the Scioto dumps into the Ohio also on your side of the Greenup L&D, lots of nice Cats caught there. Thats where I'd be at!!!!:wink::big_smile:

Welcome to the BOC also!!!

4. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Welcome to the BOC Aaron! Like John said earlier you will need to make 10 post before you can send and receive PM's (private messages). We should not post any business by name that does not help support the BOC as a sponsor in an open forum but once you make 10 post you can get that information sent to you privately. I hope this helps.

5. ranman92

ranman92 New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Oh no you may have opened up a can of worms with that question. Good luck fishing and welcome to the site.

6. fishin fool 1969

fishin fool 1969 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yea,heaven forbid you mention paylakes or jug fishin,lol,good luck & welcome to the site!!!! :big_smile:

7. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    I have only one paylake I fish but its a good one,shoot me a pm with your number or I can pm you the name and directions.

8. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Is there such a thing as a good one? Anyways welcome to the BOC. The Scioto dumps into the Ohio just north of the raceway is an excellent spot.

9. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Yes, there is a such a thing as a good pay-lake.

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    aint that the truth. getting really sad around here. ding ding round two. prepare for the hijacking.

we cant name paylakes by name on here. advertizing. so just a heads up. welcome aboard. some here think there perfect sportsman and paylakes jugging and ect...... (anything but rod and reel and there way) is wrong and god forbid ye eat a fish. just take it with a grain of salt. were all humans sharing this world. some here do a little bit of everything pertaining to fishing eating, lineing , commercial fishing (did i say that:crazy:) yes we have them too. good luck with the info. dont cuss them when thay come. just laugh. because there coming soon. i guarentee it.:wink:

11. catfish_hunter79

catfish_hunter79 New Member

State:
    ohio
    YES sir there is goog paylakes out there . yes its not the same as the river but at least you know they are there and its safe for the kiddies cause you can keep a eye on them more. welcome to the site

12. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    OH BOY!!!! I am gonna sit back and watch, this could be a good one, LOL!!!!

13. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    aaahhhhh,i think it will be civil this time,lol

14. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I never said I wasn't gonna say anything, I said, "I am gonna sit back and watch, this could be a good one, LOL!!!!". There has allready been a hostile post in this thread, I am just watching to see if it needs some attention or not, LOL!!!

15. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I feel a disturbance in the force. LOL

16. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    lmao. im taking a back seat ride here. :smile2: in a good mood tonight. taking the kids fishing tomorrow if it dont rain. no takers yet???? im not even gonna argue this time.

17. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Me either im takein a break lol

18. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Its awful early for paylake debates :smile2:

19. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    Welcome to the BOC. No comment about the paylakes.:wink:

20. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Aaron, welcome to the B.O.C., best catfishing community on the planet. Let me suggest that the Ohio river would have a lot more to offer as far as catching trophy catfish, if thats what you are after.

In my opinion, I would feel a whole lot better about myself knowing I caught a trophy cat in the wild or in its natural habitat. I believe in FAIR CHASE and dont mind working a little harder for the satisfaction of catching a big one. I just dont see the excitement of catching a big catfish that does not have the odds of escape in his favor.

From what I hear most private owned paylakes wont let you keep a trophy if you catch it. But in the river you have that option to keep it or release it. The choice is yours. Good luck with your fishing.