paylake fishing.

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Countrypunk92, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Countrypunk92

Countrypunk92 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    i wanna know your take on paylakes.
    also sum good recipes for fish, also bait tips.
    thanks

2. richard84

richard84 New Member

State:
    ky
    now your speakin my language...i go to a "paylake" almost every weekend and i love it...the trick is finding the right lake for what your after...iv heard folks say that its too easy to catch fish at a paylake, i guess they are just better fisherman then me:roll_eyes:...keep on castin folks

3. Countrypunk92

Countrypunk92 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    All thats diffrent at a paylake is that there IS fish there and is stocked with fish everyweek. and its more of a pond.
    but other then that its the same.
    i work at a paylake, and therefore fish everyday.

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    My take on pay ponds is they should all be shut down unless every fish in them came from a hatchery. Their killing the public fishery by stealing all the trophies and charging people to catch them and the fish are lucky to live for a year in those sewers.:angry:
    I've been to several in the past and there isn't anything good I can say about them. I'd much rather hit the river after a 'fair chase' catfish instead of trying for an overpopulated starving catfish in a mud hole.:angry:
    I'm sure you'll get lots of responses on this topic...:roll_eyes:

5. Countrypunk92

Countrypunk92 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    You are very wrong.
    it depends on the paylake.
    the paylake i work for are very fat.
    yes some are a mud hole but it depends on how the lake is kept.the main purpose for these paylakes are for begginning catfisherman,crippled/disabled people who cant afford or beable to fish on a boat or go to a river, or for a family to have sum fun.
    but other then that its still fun to fish there.
    Also the bigger fish are alot harder to catch in paylakes, because they are smarter then the small ones. therefore hardly being caught

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Do all the fish come from hatcheries? Or are they taken from the rivers?
    Like I said, I've been to them before and 99% of them take the big fish from the rivers and illegally buy the fish. Yours may not do that, most do though. I've talked with owners before at well taken care of & well aerated ponds and they've all told me that most likely the trophy fish will be dead within a year due to the stress and over population.
    I'm a disabled catfisherman and still manage to hit the river. I have no boat either and can't walk very far to a spot at all. Last time I checked it doesn't cost anything to fish at the river....Yearly license runs what a 12 hour trip to a pay pond does.
    To each his own, you fish your way and i'll fish mine. I have friends that still fish them, I choose not to. You asked our take on them and I gave you mine.

7. richard84

richard84 New Member

State:
    ky
    i respect everyones right to theyre own opinion but i gotta respectfully disagree with ya on this one...one of the paylakes i fish is 6 acres of water and 40ft deep....thats not a mudhole in my opinion...we all have diffrent opinions on what the ideal hole of water is but as long as im in good company and got plenty of bait then ill be smilin all night long...keep on castin folks

8. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The main purpose of this said lake is to turn a profit or they would let all these people fish for free!

9. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    Paylakes are for folks that don't wanna get on a muddy riverbank and gotta have a lantern and a porta potty and gotta be right next to the truck so they can charge there cell phone. Man,,, do they put the bait on your hook to???? Waist of time talkin about it.

10. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I quit fishing paylakes. I catch some fish & someone is over my shoulder. Crossing someone elses line all the time & I caught 200#'s of what? I'm allowed to fish with 2 poles & others ????. Fishing shoulder to shoulder don't catch fish.:embarassed: :confused2: :sad2: :crazy: :eek:oooh: :roll_eyes: :angry:

11. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken

The above, is got to be the stupidest reply to any thread I've read.

Do you think these lakes have sand beachs or something? I've been at some 20-25 acre lakes cleaner than some parks and some 20', 10-15acre lakes that a billygoat would have a hard time navigating. Whos worring about dirt when your fishing?. By what your saying you can see in the dark,( I doubt it) and I guess you would just drop your pants anywhere? again I doubt it.

12. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Some lakes do let the handicapped fish free.:big_smile:

13. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    I've never been to a pay lake or for that matter I've never seen one. So I guess if they get their fish from a hatchery I don't have a problem with them. I would not like to see fish caught in the wild and sold to them. We have more water here than I can fish so it is hard for me to see why some one would pay to fish in a pond or lake. Also the lakes here have places for people with disabilities to fish. JMHO

14. Countrypunk92

Countrypunk92 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    i respect everyones opinion. but i just dont see much diffrence in both.
    they both have flaws tho.
    and the big fish do not die. they are last to die. since they have more expierence in how to survive then the small ones.
    you just dont see them as often.

15. Cutshad

Cutshad New Member

State:
    Newalla, Oklahoma (Shawnee)
    I have had some long heated chats about pay lakes. I have never used one but that doesn't mean I won't someday. I respect folks wanting to fish and trying to have a good time. The way I see it is they would probably go to a river, lake or pond if they knew what they were doing or had the time to figure it out. I can see someone trying to catch a really big fish from a pay lake and getting some good pics. But, I don't like the way they stock most pay lakes. I have heard stories about commercial netters taking several hundred pounds of catfish from public waters and selling them to a pay lake. I am totally against that. Lots of people don't have access to a river, lake or pond or they may be intimidated by the size of the water and won't have any confidence. Its a touchy subject for some folks!

16. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    Maybe you should see the paypits I drive by every day on the way to the river. And yes I'm 99% sure the flatheads in these pits come from the river I fish. My post is exactly my opinion of the paylakes in my area. And yes I think your post is stupid to.:wink:

17. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    i dont know kind of cheating if you ask me,isnt that part of the sport?going out to find them?man against fish? We pay enough for a fishing license to fish and then turn around and pay someone else to fish again after we done payed the state for there permission? no way thats to many hands going in my pockets,when i can go to a public place and fight the same crowds for free. times are hard enough i think ill hold on to my money.

18. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    You cant go to a paylake and just throw your line in and expect to catch fish,,,,Oh No,,Just because they are stocked doesn't mean you'll catch -em, You got to your same homework in reading these lakes as any other lake. conture,bottom stucture,depths etc...and just like everywhere else you think you have it all figured out, you better hope they will hit what you have or your skunked..I have paid for a license and go to several big public lakes,rivers big and small, if it holds catfish I'll fish it. Thats the way I look at it. But it dont matter your still going to spend $$$ wherever you go...But you'll save a few bucks at one of these lake IMHO..

shortbus; :confused2: You wasn't talking about the paylakes,, You was however talking about the people.:sad2: and that ain't right in my eyes.

19. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    I lived my whole life in the bay area of cali and i only known of one paylake up here ? now all state's are differnt in what they allow and what they don't ...Up here there is no WAY your takeing fish from ANYPLACE and selling them a paylake...LOL you be locked up for year's and have all your gear truck boat or what ever else taking away from you!!!! Know this one pay lake that is here really cater's to the old timer's the handicap and those that just can't get around anymore ...so i think there doing alot of good for the elderly and disabled folk's out there It make's looking forward to the next day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I have never fished a pay lake . I do know of one and you dont have to have a fishing license when fishing a pay lake here . I have seen the one I know of and its pretty clean and has its comforts .

I would much rather own a pay lake then fish one ....lol

I dont see me paying to fish when I have a few spots that are great and the fishing is free at them . If one is happy fishing a pay lake then thats great like I said I would love to own one . It would be fun . For those who would rather fish rivers then lakes that is great also .

I guess my answer is : If what you are doing makes you happy and you like it then keep doing it . If you dont like it and you think it sucks then dont do it .