Paying it forward.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by bluejay, Jul 10, 2009.

1. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    The last part of June I was in Kentucky and hooked up with Jim Blake (Catsey) and he took me out on the Ohio River for an evening of fishing. We didn't catch anything but I got to go fishing with a brother.
    The past week matt (matt71269) was visiting my area from Louisiana and I was able to take him out here for an evening of fishing. Same story no fish, but an evening fishing with another brother.
    Without the BOC these trips probably wouldn't of taken place.
    I would like to encourage all other BOC brothers and sisters to take someone from out of state fishing if you have a chance. I have made some friends for life thru the BOC by fishing and going to gatherings. Please pay it forward when possible.

2. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    That's what I am talking about, Meet some of the best people on the B.O.C. I have invations to fish with many B.O.C. members, just need to get off my butt and go.:embarassed:

3. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    it was a blast brother, thanks for opening your home and your boat to an outta town'er. even tho we didnt catch anything makes no difference, it was all about the fellowship bro. i was just stoked that you made time for me. feel like i gotta good friend out of the deal.hope we can do it again sometime. and if you ever wanna come on down and go to venice together and catch some reds, or shoot out to a rig and pull some snapper, i'll set it up, just holla.

4. tyrupp

tyrupp New Member

State:
    Ellis,Kans
    Bluejay you have already paid it forward on my books, I was at the Mo. gathering and you let me use your phone to get in touch with my cousin that was coming from Kentucky with my new boat. without you we would have not met up. He died yesterday and that was the last time I got to see him. Thank you so much , If you ever need anything please let me know, I owe you one and I never forget my debts

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Sorry to hear about your cousin. Glad I got to meet him. Thoughts with you and the family. Hope to see you again sometime.

6. tyrupp

tyrupp New Member

State:
    Ellis,Kans
    I'll see you next year at the Mo. gathering and maybe we can fish together, pm me your address, I have something I want to send you for paying it forward.Good people like you are hard to come by

7. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    Thats cool there are alot of great people here on the Boc.I have got help and got new fishing buddies from this site.

8. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    JC is a stand up guy thats for sher and his wife is just as nice

9. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    If anyone is in Tennessee after mid month October and wants to fish the Cumberland river, there is an open seat in my boat for BOC members.

10. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

He said a mouth full!:wink: