Paying bills

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by BigBird, Dec 24, 2009.

1. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    I was paying the bills the other day and was pi**ed about it so i decided to cancel my home phone. My phone bill was $96 with dsl and unlimited long distance. We were planning to go all mobile. i called windstream and they tried to tell me about packages and i told them i was not interested. They asked me why i was cancelling all but dsl. i told them i was just tired of paying them for something i considered non-essential. So they offerred me a no committment reduction with enhanced speed dsl for $49. Dont that beat all. They could have saved me half but all i needed to do was ask.:confused2: The dsl was going to cost me $40 anyway.
    Well now that i have figured out the deal i called time warner. They offerred the same type bundle package and such and i told them i dont want a long term deal i just want my bill reduced without any reduction in services. they referred me to the retention department where they offered me a 7% reduction for a year just because i asked. wt........heck.:eek:oooh: ok gonna keep calling them in a couple more months to try to get them down further.
    I think i need to make a few more calls. :smile2:

2. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    They're out to get us Bro., I had a fax line installed at $9.00 a month and when I finally pulled the plug it was costing me $28.00 a month for the same service. No phone, just my fax. It's cheaper to plug in my landline and send or receive, then plug the phone back in--no charge. Stay safe and Happy Holidays to you and yours!!!:wink:

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Lindsay thanks for sharing this good info.This could help many. There is a lot of people hurting and can use any help available.

4. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I canceled my home phone and kept my dsl but verizon didnt offer me any discounts! Dirty @#*@$^&*(! They didnt even ask why but wanted to offer me other packages that would have cost me more than what I was already paying! We pretty much just use our mobile phones also so the landline wasnt needed.

5. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    fyi Everyone not in a long term contract with phone or cable should ask for a rate reduction. I found out the reward for being a faithful customer is full prices for perpetuity.........

6. katmax

katmax New Member

State:
    griffin ga
    gonna call to see about my home phone we never use it(wonder if i can keep my dsl without a home phone?):confused2:

7. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I dont know who your provider is but I was able to keep dsl without the home phone.

8. katmax

katmax New Member

State:
    griffin ga
  9. katmax

katmax New Member

State:
    griffin ga
    at&t(sorry about the double post)....:embarassed:

10. Smokin

Smokin New Member

State:
    Ca
    with att you should be able to keep your dsl and drop the home phone. I cant drop my home phone I have to have a line for the alarm. dont use the phone much its self but need the alarm. I would like to drop the home phone the alarm the cell phones all of it. Heck I would like to get rid of the sat also. Nothing on tv worth while these days anyways.

11. steveturner024

steveturner024 Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Steve Turner
    Beginning of this month I called Charter Communications and told them I couldn't afford my bill anymore(which is true I've been laid off since September) and they gave me a discount of $33. I was paying $112 a month for Cable and internet. Now I'm only paying $79. Every little bit helps when your going through tuff times.