Pay Pond Fishing w/ Flathunter

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by H2O Mellon, Jul 9, 2006.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    FYI: THIS IS NOT A PAY POND BASHING THREAD, rather just a fishing report, so please don't make this get pulled.

My wife & I (along w/ our three small children) left our house around 4:40AM Saturday morning. We were going for a day trip to my dads cabin in Hocking County Ohio (Hocking Hills Region). We were then going to go on a guided Flathead/Channel Cat Expedition w/ Jack Eblin, AKA FLATHUNTER. Well Falthunter sort of wussed out on us, but said he knew how we could put us on fish: A NEW PAY POND IN THE AREA. I really didnt want to go, but I knew my wife was looking forward to getting out, so I said okay to his idea. Now, I know we all joke & kid around about me going to Pay Ponds, but this is something that I just dont do. I MIGHT take my oldest boy to on average of ONE every YEAR, & thats just one that is 5 minutes from my house, basically to just sit next to a big fire & roast marsmellows. ANyways, onto the report. We get set up around 7:30PM. We should have left at 7:35PM. We caught NADA, NOTHING, ZERO, ZILCH, ONE LESS THAN UNO, etc.... Unlike the joking in the past, I have pics to prove of this adventure. Also, you may ask my wife, BOC Mbr: Mrs H2O about this. She told me, "After hearing of the famous adventures of Flathunter & H2O Mellon, I was disappointed, but I did enjoy the company & Jack is a nice guy." I thought: nice guy heck, Man I wanted Fish, Not Just Good Company, but oh well. Anyways there was our report. THREE, yes THREE boats between us & we ended up at this freakin spot. Oh well, sometimes you catch them & then..... well somtimes you go fishing w/ FLATHUNTER. :tounge_out: :lol: :smile2:

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Pic #1: BEFORE DARK, notice the people coming in

Pic #2: NOTINCE the lights, these are all people fishing

Pic #3: SAME THING!

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Pic #4: Again, notice all the lights from the people

Pic #5: Same

THERE WERE TONS OF PEOPLE AROUND, I'D SAY 20-30 w/ in 100 yards of us.

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    that was the scioto river in downtown chillicothe not a pay pond, but somewhere I will never fish agin.

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Notice the rt 35 bridge in the background, proof that this was not a pay pond..Now for the rest of the story..I pleaded with Bryan to take my jon boat out and get away from the hords of people, but he would have none of it, said he wanted easy fishing, so thats what he got!:big_smile:

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Oh great JAck, now EVERYONE will know where your secret HONEY HOLE (PAY POND) is. :)

No that was a Pay Pond. I dont think anyriver in Ohio could hold that many bank "fishermen". I thought the sign said soemthing like: "Catfish Paradise III", I mean I could be wrong though. :embarassed: :big_smile:

7. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Mellon - I don't what the deal was Saturday night but I had my slowest night of fishing in a long time. River was in nice shape, weather was beautiful, moon was nearly full and the fish just were not biting. I fished a total of nine hours, had awesome bait and only caught 4 Cats. Three of the fish were caught Sunday morning between 6AM - 8AM. Sat. evening only caught 1 Flathead - 16 1/2".

8. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Fine Folks of the BOC, I will have Mrs H2O chime in on this when she gets home from work, if I am still up.

9. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I repeat look in the background of the first picture and you will see bridge pillars..Brothers and sisters, this is just another attempt from Mellon to slander the good name of flathunter..I would never fish such a location, never, ever!

10. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If I ever have to fish like that agin, I will hang up my rods and quit..Mellon, were either going hiking, or boating next time!

11. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    You guys are killing me! I'm laughing so hard I can hardly type! :big_smile:

12. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Plus, and I mean plus..Mellon shows up with no tackle???? I had to supply his rods and reels, plus bait!!! I did not mind letting his wife use my stuff, but Mellon??? Geez, His wife is much to nice of a person for a baffoon like mellonhead!

13. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I think next time we just go w/ out the equipment & bring cam corders instead. Some of those "fishermen" could win us some money on Americans Funniest Home Videos!!!!

14. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yes this is true!

15. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    Hey Bryan I like the old block for a rod holder.

:look_down:

:cat:

16. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio

This is another piece of Flathunter's Pay Pond Equipment.

17. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    You guys are too much!!!! Jack tell us it ain't so [and make it believable]. You are letting him bring you down. Nice job Mellon.

18. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Here is what Ace is talking about:

19. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    it's the freaking scioto river in downtown chillicothe:big_smile: I dont know of any pay pond that has a bridge over it.....Mellon shall pay for this, and pay dearly....Hey Bryan, I cant wait till we fish agin, I have some awesome stunts planned for you:big_smile:

20. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Mellon, I am just waiting for this to happen agin.

Attached Files: