Pay Lake Baits

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by jlawson435, Sep 11, 2008.

1. jlawson435

jlawson435 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I was just invited to fish with a friend of mine at a pay lake. I have not fished a pay lake in ten years. What would you recommend to be the best bait for pay lakes. He said mostly channels a few blues. I usually fish KY Lake but we have not seen each other in years and he wants me to see this pay lake. By the way I thawed out the old chicken and added a little strawberry kool aid with some garlic power. My wife said as old as it was it would either kill me by touching it or kill the fish that ate it. After she saw what I did with it she even more convinced it will kill all the fish thanks again

2. gportsbaseball

gportsbaseball New Member

State:
    ohio - Groveport
    i would use live and cut bait on a slip bobber or on the bottom on a leader, well thats how i fish my nearby paylake. and its about 40 feet in the middle, but 5-15 around the edges

3. jlawson435

jlawson435 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Well went with my friend today to his pay lake. I caught a bluegill. Boy did he think that was funny. I has night crawlers, chicken breast with strawberry koolaid, and goldfish. Seems these cats only wanted shrimp with nothing on them and chicken livers. People around me caught nice fish 5 to 10 lbs but they sure didn't want anything I had. I think I will just stay with the big lakes. I never get skunked there. I tried everything I do at a big lake and nothing he just laughed and said you have to be a pay lake cat fisherman to know how to catch these fish. Well next weekend I invited him to fish a lake and river system with me let's see who get skunked now.

4. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    goldfish is the best rick

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jim Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. Shrimp soaked in garlic powder is an easy effective bait to use for lakes.:0a18::0a25::0a25:

6. bipolarguy

bipolarguy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    last time i fished a pay lake we took plain catfish charlies dough bait and added limbuger chesse and ground up chicken gizzards. fished it under a float.we caught over 40lbs in half a hour.

7. bigkatking

bigkatking Member

State:
    ky
    i have had great luck fishing paylake with mashed up minnows